SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS RAT Amps Valve Amp Speaker Load box 8ohms 50w max

brucegillbrucegill Frets: 714
I have no idea when I got this or what it even does. I cant remember ever using it.

Has a connection for - AMP / Thru Speaker / Line Out / Head Phones and two dip switches that say level above them

Hopefully it will be useful to someone on here?!

£25 posted PayPal gift assumed.

Will Photo shortly
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Bump with more info and a photo finally....

Desc
    If your amp is not fitted with headphone or line out jacks, this box will provide those functions for you. Tube amplifiers require a load at the output, typically this is a speaker, otherwise the amp's transformer will be damaged. The Rat Valve Amp Speaker Load Box is designed to allow you to use your amp with standard stereo headphones. It also offers a line out for connection to a slave amp, mixer or to recording equipment (DAW). There are independent Level (Hi-Lo) switches to set the headphone and line out volume. If you wish to use your amp as normal (with the speaker active) you can still use the headphone and line out jacks.

Operation Note: Your amp must have an 8 ohm speaker output jack.
    1. Disconnect the speaker from your amp.
    2. Connect a speaker cable from your amp's speaker jack to the AMP jack on the RAT Dummy Load Box.
    3. You can now use your Amp as normal, with no Speaker connected, using HEAD PHONES and/or LINE OUT.
    4. If you want your main speaker to be active, connect your Speaker to the THRU SPEAKER jack on the RAT Dummy Load Box. You can still use the HEAD PHONES and LINE OUT jacks.

Tube Amps Only - 50 Watts RMS Max
    The Dummy Load Box will get warm with use as it is converting the speaker energy into heat. Any tube amp will work fine. The Dummy Load can be used with amps producing more than 50 watts at reduced volume levels*. A standard 1/4 speaker cable is required for the "Amp-to-Dummy Load" connection.

*For more info, go to YouTube, type "Rat Loadbox."

• peanutspeanuts Frets: 179
    did this ever sell?
  • brucegillbrucegill Frets: 714
    peanuts said:
    did this ever sell?
    Think so…. If it didn’t, I haven’t seen it in 3 years