SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Now SOLD : Musicman Cutlass SSS - Coral Red, Maple Fretboard - £1150

What's Hot
matt3manmatt3man Frets: 9
edited October 2020 in Guitars £
I bought this one new at the end of Jan 2018 and have barely used it which is a shame as it's a stunning instrument with the nicest neck I've ever encountered on an electric guitar (and has stainless steel frets of course).  Three single coils which are completely silent but sound fantastic.

It's absolutely immaculate - I can't see any marks on it, nothing at all which isn't surprising given it's been in its hard case most of the time and has never left the house.

As mentioned it comes with a hard case and I do have the cardboard box it came in so it could be sent by courier but, as ever, it would be much better if it could be collected or I meet you halfway if you live up to 100 miles away.  I'm just outside Chester.

Price wise, I believe it was around £1700-1800 new so I'm looking for £1200 given it's in perfect condition and has barely been played. 

There are some good videos on YouTube if you want to hear one in action.  This one in this clip is of a rosewood fretboard one but the same guy has good clips of the maple fretboard version too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODlYE97ygEk

Link to images: https://www.flickr.com/photos/186854036@N03/albums/72157715678493141
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

•  Apologies - edited the price having checked sold items on eBay!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1946
    That's so nice I'm gonna nutt on it during a trial, decide I don't like the neck shape and drive back home empty handed.

That's what I'm gonna do.
    Y'ready?

Can I cum for a trial?
  • You should always keep your (Ernie) Balls well away from a Cutlass.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    matt3man said:
    You should always keep your (Ernie) Balls well away from a Cutlass.
    Hahaha
  • Bill_SBill_S Frets: 102
    Gorgeous guitar, and a very fair price to say the least. The video demonstrates the sound of the pickups so well and that is why the Cutlass has become my total go-to guitar since I got mine three months ago. It is a top drawer instrument in every respect and waiting for one lucky new owner! GLWS, sure it won’t hang around.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bump - still available :)
  • Lovely guitar and at a great price. Wondering if this one is routed SSS or HSS. I believe the first ones were SSS, but the ones made after the HSS version was released are all routed for HSS
  • Bill_SBill_S Frets: 102
    Capelo said:
    Lovely guitar and at a great price. Wondering if this one is routed SSS or HSS. I believe the first ones were SSS, but the ones made after the HSS version was released are all routed for HSS
    Looking at the photos it’s SSS. For me, that’s what a super Strat should be! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Capelo said:
    Lovely guitar and at a great price. Wondering if this one is routed SSS or HSS. I believe the first ones were SSS, but the ones made after the HSS version was released are all routed for HSS
    Sorry - not sure and I've no plans to remove the pick guard.  Is it something you could tell from the serial number?
  • Bump - still available and note that it's also up for sale on eBay as they had a max £1 selling fee weekend.
  • Reduced to £1175
  • Final reduction to £1150.  I'll keeping it rather than selling for less than this so if you fancy it please shout.  I've reduced the price on eBay to the same.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • barnstormbarnstorm Frets: 623
    It will go at that price sooner or later, so don't get discouraged. I'm interested in a Sting Ray and FWIW I prefer the traditional neck like your Cutlass has.

I don't hate the new roasted ones but I'd go with the old style given the choice, and I imagine there are other Musicman shoppers out there who feel the same.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom