-

What's Hot
eoinzyeoinzy Frets: 128
edited July 2022 in Guitar
-
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 992
    you let other people touch your guitars? 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I had a Tanglewood acoustic like that. Several people commented on it and two people actually tried to buy it from me... it was only a cheap one as well, nothing special 
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• eoinzyeoinzy Frets: 128
    edited July 2022
    -
  • NikcNikc Frets: 638
    My MIM Tele - everyone who's played it has commented on how good it is and how great it sounds - I will die owning this guitar 

My recent Tokai Sliver Star purchase one of the shop owners wanted to buy it back after he'd played through my set up at home - nope ;)
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 9121
    Every time I put one up for sale :(
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My friend had a black epiphone korina explorer. He paid £200 for it.

I played it a few times and offered £250. He declined. I eventually offered £500 but he declined. Honestly, he was probably wise to. He's never bought a guitar since. 

It might have been the best guitar I've ever played. It had a change of pickups but we couldn't tell what they were - the original seller claimed hand wound bill Lawrence or something but we had no idea. It sounded amazing, clean or dirty, played great, felt so good. I can remember it more vividly than almost any other guitar I've played. It even had the original pot metal gold plated hardware. It sounded amazing - he tried replacing the bridge with high quality bits but it sounded worse for it.

I've never had anyone try my strat to be honest, but I've tried some custom shops and honestly it holds up. I reckon some would be "wowed" by it. Pine body partscaster. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28746
    Yeah, I've had a few of those responses. My CS-336 is probably the #1 for electrics, though that's probably partly because most people haven't even heard of the model, so have no expectations. 

And basically everyone who has played my HD28 has said something as it's just one of those guitars with magic in it. I'm never selling it.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Sometimes in lessons my learners play some of my guitars and it reminds me how good they sound!
  • RolandRoland Frets: 9128
    Parker Fly. Picked it up and said “wow” before I strummed it.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34318
    All of them- I have exceptional taste. :)
  • SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1660
    My 1978 Precision Bass. Quite battered and lots of dings in the neck and fingerboard - but it just plays and sounds really good.

Have lent to friends for recording, but not live.
  • icu81b4icu81b4 Frets: 380
    Back in the early 70's when older made guitars were considered just second -hand, I played my mates 57 Goldtop LP, I made him promise if he ever sold it, to give me first refusal to which he agreed. 

Anyhoo one day I go and see his band at a gig only to notice him holding some purple pointy thing..... "Oi!, Where's the Goldtop?" ..... "Oh, I sold it" 

Rats 

Ps: notice my avatar 
  • cm01cm01 Frets: 548
    My Chinese made Burny 335 ... it just has 'it' - plays great, sounds amazing (the only change is 57 Classics) ... 250 quid secondhand from Coda, sold it and then bought it back thankfully .. numerous sound guys have commented on how great it sounds
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 961
    Nikc said:
    My MIM Tele - everyone who's played it has commented on how good it is and how great it sounds - I will die owning this guitar 

My recent Tokai Sliver Star purchase one of the shop owners wanted to buy it back after he'd played through my set up at home - nope ;)
    God I miss my MIM Tele. I stupidly butchered it and the sold it. Best neck I've ever played. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28397
    Ahhh, I get it. You are talking about people with friends.