Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Me and Robert Plant are mates now!

What's Hot
Well actually no, but I went to his gig in Wolves this week along with a few thousand other people and it was very good. Great hair.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I went to a gig with him once!

Well...I went to a gig once and he went to it too. (Supergrass, Wolverhampton Wulfrun Hall)

I've been to the football with him a few times too, although again you could argue that he just happened to be there.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27985
    I used his toilet once. Well, it was just a public toilet, but he had equal access to it.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    I once sat in the same Tube carriage as someone who looked a little bit like him for as many as three stops. I win.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited September 2013
    He once upset a mate of mine in a car park in Kidderminster.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ...and he shopped at a garden centre where I had a Saturday job...so did Tony Iommi.
  • jaygtrjaygtr Frets: 218
    edited September 2013
    I've met his hairdressers Cat.

• Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    edited September 2013

But seriously folks it was a top gig. Lots of Zepp tunes and not too many odd world muzak folky moments. Standout tracks for yours truely were:

what is and what should never be

babe om gonna leave you

going to California

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • What were the arrangemments like for the old Zep songs?
  • What were the arrangemments like for the old Zep songs?

Really good. Two guitarist, one who forget the name of who was really aggressive and full on, the other Skin Tyson from Cast, really spaced out and trippy. Lots of cool reverse delays and stuff. The basser, and keys/samples/loop guys were players in/for Massive Attack.

Really big and atmospheric sound.

• I went to one of his gigs, my mate Andy played Rock'n'Roll behind him at a wedding gig, I used to work with his next door neighbour, I have almost undoubtably sat in the same football stadium as him, he went to school in the town where I live ( although my kids haven't gone to that school) and I once went ten pin bowling with him. Well, no I didn't, I went ten pin bowling and Robert and his mates were in the next lane.He wasn't very good BTW ( although neither am I). Mention of last night's gig on Planet Rock this morning, just saying was awesome. Given my clear, close links to Bobby no doubt he was wondering where I was.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    ...and he shopped at a garden centre where I had a Saturday job...so did Tony Iommi.

When I lived in Coventry, Tony Iommi was once in the same paper shop as me.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• My old boss's Mum was Jimmy Page's housekeeper in the 70's and 80's, so I've practically played with Led Zep as far as I'm concerned ;)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • vizviz Frets: 10681
    I once stood next to roger moore in the motorway services toilets and he looked at my wigwag and raised an eyebrow.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24258
    Well, I am Roger Daltrey.  I've never let on before as I wanted a break from all the adulation.

Seeeeeee Meeeeeeee

Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel Meeeeee

See.  Proof.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 682
    I was once on his guest list.
  • My mate Nigel Banks who's 'teched' for many name bands, recently posted a picture of him on Facebook with Page & Plant backstage somewhere, from some years ago. By the very narrowest of margins, Nigel had the best hair....
  • ftumchftumch Frets: 681
    Peter Cushing lives in whitstable I have seen him on a bicycle I have seen him buying vegetables Peter Cushing lives in whitstable
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ftumch said:
    Peter Cushing lives in whitstable I have seen him on a bicycle I have seen him buying vegetables Peter Cushing lives in whitstable

Not recently though I imagine.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17570
    tFB Trader
    I met him in Birmingham city center once, but that isn't an especially amusing story so I shall mention that Pete Waterman once accused me of smelling of curry.
  • vizviz Frets: 10681
    Was he correct?
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.