Recommend someone to do a custom waterslide decal

What's Hot
kelpbedskelpbeds Frets: 203
edited August 2020 in Guitar
After a custom made waterslide decal for a headstock. Tried a few places without success. Anyone recommend someone please? Cheers
Check out my Blues lessons channel at:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBTSHf5NqVQDz0LzW2PC1Lw
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9100
    Rothko and frost
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • davrosdavros Frets: 1524
    I just ordered from guitardecals.co.uk, will let you know how they turn out
  • kelpbedskelpbeds Frets: 203
    Nice one thanks chaps - good info
    Check out my Blues lessons channel at:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBTSHf5NqVQDz0LzW2PC1Lw
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28746
    Yep - Rothko & Frost. I've had a few of theirs over the years and always really good. I just put one on my Strat :) 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3221
    Uncle Nerkys Decals on Facebook, he will design and print pretty much anything...takes awhile as he is in Canada
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• mikem8634mikem8634 Frets: 382
    edited August 2020
    Another vote for Rothko and Frost. Very thin decals which helps when trying to bed the edges under lacquer.

Out of interest, has anyone ever tried a full (or near it) headstock decal? One that covers the whole front face of the headstock?

Is it do-able?
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1581
    Glen at www.plankspankerguitardecals.com has made me several custom ones.
    Out of interest, has anyone ever tried a full (or near it) headstock decal? One that covers the whole front face of the headstock?

Is it do-able?
    Yes! 
    I did the whole front of a Strat body once, made my own decal, 2 A4 sheets trimmed to fit, long gone....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

paulnb57 said:

Is it do-able?
    Yes! 
    I did the whole front of a Strat body once, made my own decal, 2 A4 sheets trimmed to fit, long gone....

Nice. Good to know. I've been thinking about trying it for a while. Thanks Paul.

• phil_bphil_b Frets: 2011

These guys make decals and vinyl stickers for modellers and can produce anything you want

mikem8634 said:
    paulnb57 said:

Is it do-able?
    Yes! 

Nice. Good to know. I've been thinking about trying it for a while. Thanks Paul.

This was it Mike, took me forever to find a photo of the abomination.....

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    paulnb57 said:
    mikem8634 said:
    paulnb57 said:

Is it do-able?
    Yes! 

This was it Mike, took me forever to find a photo of the abomination.....

I feel we may be oddly kindred souls. Love that.

If you can remember, did you have any issues with the edges of the decal at the edges of the headstock?

I am considering putting mine on a black headstock and making the decal black at its outermost edges. The idea is to then make the decal a few mm's smaller than the headstock all the way around so I can bury the edge under the lacquer on the face of the headstock, rather than at, or over, the edge.

Hope that makes sense.

• SargeSarge Frets: 2436
    I did a full pointy washburn headstock with white logo, printed on white decal paper with black ink covering the main face, the logo un-inked.
    Cut to the edges and acrylic clear spray over the top.
    Got caught out with a crease or two but otherwise its easy enough. 
    Got a pic somewhere... 
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2436
    +1 for rothko and frost, I had a few metallic Westone logos done with them, really high quality stuff and incredibly thin so easy to hide the edges.
    They also keep your info on a database so reorders are easy. 
    They'll do a full A4 sheet with repeat prints for not a whole lot more monies. 

Sarge said:
    I did a full pointy washburn headstock with white logo, printed on white decal paper with black ink covering the main face, the logo un-inked.
    Cut to the edges and acrylic clear spray over the top.
    Got caught out with a crease or two but otherwise its easy enough. 
    Got a pic somewhere... 

So you can go right to the edges without issue then. Good to know.