SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WITHDRAWN: Tanglewood TW130 ASM w/ Gigbag, Spare strings and Stand

AmigoAmigo Frets: 119
edited March 2021 in Acoustics £
As I now have my dream guitar, this guitar is surplus to requirements, so it needs to go. Photos first:

<->

I bought this guitar off a fellow fretboarder last year, the initial ad is here:
https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/167992/sold-tanglewood-tw130-asm
From that state I took the guitar to my luthier who adjusted it: levelled the fretboard, adjusted the neck relief, adjusted the nut and saddle—generally made it like a new guitar—and put D'Addario 80/20 Bronze Custom Lights (EJ13, 0.011-0.052) on for fingerpicking. All the knocks that were there when I bought it are still there, and none added, from what I can see.

The guitar comes with a padded gigbag that I bought for it, and with three sets of D'Addario 80/20 Bronze Custom Lights—like the ones on it now—in a pack (EJ13-3D) that I bought specifically for the guitar and will go with it. I will also add the guitar stand in the photos with the guitar, a capo, and a guitar tuner. Perfect for a beginner, really.

Specs for the guitar are as follows:
SHAPE: Orchestra Model
TOP: Solid Mahogany
BACK: Solid Mahogany
SIDES: Mahogany
NECK (MATERIAL): Mahogany
NECK (BUILD): One Piece
FINGERBOARD: Rosewood
BRIDGE: Rosewood
SADDLE: PPS, Compensating
NUT (WIDTH): PPS (43mm)
SCALE LENGTH: 650mm
BRIDGE PINS: Black ABS
MACHINE HEADS: Waverley Style
FINISH: Natural Satin

Collection from Huntingdon area, or I can travel within reason. I am also in Warwickshire a few days a week, if that helps.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1286
    I had one of these but with a preamp. They're great, plenty of midrange and a smooth top.
  • AmigoAmigo Frets: 119
    They are quite mid-rangey, and I like mellow guitars, which I now found. Great for finger-picking though, as the string spacing at the nut is quite wide, inspite of the rather narrow nut width.
    My daughter says that she'll give guitar playing a go, so it stays for now.
    edited September 2020
    She has taken a liking to my guitar, so this is up for sale again with a price drop.