2020 Epiphone Les Paul Special/Junior

What's Hot
RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12333
Has anyone tried one of these?

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/191216352613008--epiphone-les-paul-special-tv-yellow

Some reason I have GAS to give this a go, just want a P90 guitar and this is like £1k less than the equivalent Gibson.   
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mark123mark123 Frets: 1357
    They look great and i was gassing after one but the videos i've watched on you tube i find the sound a bit meh! so put me off a bit ,plus they had no stock in anywhere at the time.
    It could be my speakers so take my comment with a pinch of salt.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12333
    I saw the Trigoly review that they look good value for money, it's only like £100 more than a Harley Benton.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15275
    edited September 2020
    The asking price of the Epiphone might be enough to get a pre-owned PRS SE One or Soapbar model.

mark123 said:
    i find the sound a bit meh!
    Could be run of the mill MIK or MIC pickups. In the case of the GuitarGuitar product demonstration video, it sounds as if the lad is playing through a solid state amplifier and using a pedal to get overdrive.  :/

P90s give of their best through valve amplification, overdriven well into power stage saturation. The guitar volume pots then govern the intensity of the dirt.

Harley Benton.
    H-B has assorted Special-alikes. JHS/Vintage probably does too.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12333
    The asking price of the Epiphone might be enough to get a pre-owned PRS SE One or Soapbar model.

mark123 said:
    i find the sound a bit meh!
    Could be run of the mill MIK or MIC pickups. In the case of the GuitarGuitar product demonstration video, it sounds as if the lad is playing through a solid state amplifier and using a pedal to get overdrive.  :/

P90s give of their best through valve amplification, overdriven well into power stage saturation. The guitar volume pots then govern the intensity of the dirt.

Harley Benton.
    H-B has assorted Special-alikes. JHS/Vintage probably does too.
    I am not really interested in the PRS SE, as much as I think they are great, the attraction is the Gibson/Ep style.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10932
    Has anyone tried one of these?

That's the million dollar question. Or the £350 one if you prefer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom