PRS SE eBay advice please

What's Hot
Morning everyone! My brother has just sent me this link, for a guitar he's thinking about buying:

I'm no expert on PRS but it doesn't look right to me. The lower cutaway doesn't look quite right and the heel is a lot different to the Holcomb that I had... also the price seems ridiculously low.

What do you guys think?
Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9100
    Looks genuine tbh... I can see what you mean about the lower horn but look at this pic from tinternet...

It’s just the black recess not showing against the case...

buy it... decent price atm!.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Yup. I think it’s just the case making it look off. 

He could  the seller for a photo on a different surface just to make sure, but I reckon it’s genuine. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Now that I've looked properly on my laptop rather than on my phone I can see all the pictures and I agree. I did think the heel looked a lot bigger than on my Holcomb, but it does look the same as the one in poopot's photo, so I think I'll tell my brother to go for it.

Thanks chaps! Wis awarded :)

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• Looks good to me, I have the SE Custom 24.  £300 is the starting bid so will go for more.
  • I did think the heel looked a lot bigger than on my Holcomb
    The Holcomb signature models are a seven string and an extended scale baritone, respectively. If anything, they are the exception to the PRS SE rule. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • I did think the heel looked a lot bigger than on my Holcomb
    The Holcomb signature models are a seven string and an extended scale baritone, respectively. If anything, they are the exception to the PRS SE rule. 

Mine was the 25.5" 6-string

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30358
    It's been used by a professional guitarist!!!

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Update on this: my brother bought it, and after getting it home Friday night and spending some time with it yesterday he’s very happy with it: it didn’t go for much more than the original bid so he’s got a bit of a bargain there, especially considering all the other stuff that came with it.

Thanks again for everyone’s help: wiz and occasional lols awarded :)

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9100
    Yep... bargain at that price!