SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FT FS: Rivera Valve combo for head & cab?

What's Hot
RevMattRevMatt Frets: 899
edited July 2014 in Amps £

I have one of my all time favourite amps: Rivera Chubster 40 1x12 combo in racing green tolex with 3 button footswitch and slip cover. These retail for around £1300 and really are up there with the best production amps available.

But... a recent gig made me think that (although I love the convenience of a combo) I may benefit from a head & cab. So, I'm considering a change, If you might like a trade let me know. The second hand value of the Rivera is around £700 so I'm looking for gear to that value (or a partial trade plus cash). Here's what I might be after:

Amp - a valve head: I don't play mega loud so it needs to be 20-50 watts max, or it needs to have some sort of built in attenuation so I can tame it. Considering stuff like: Blackstar Series One 50, Cornford Roadhouse, Bogner Alchemist, Mesa F or Nomad, Orange etc etc

Cab - don't want to go too big (too old to be lugging heavy stuff), so a 2x12 would be ideal, although to improve projection I'd prefer a square angled cab (like Marshall 1966a), rather than a side by side.

If anyone is interested in a straight cash purchase, let me know, but I will need a bit of flexibility as this is my main band amp and I will need to buy a replacement with the proceeds or time the sale between practises/gigs.

Pictures: I will get some on here soon, but in the meantime, I can confirm that it's in very very good condition and works perfectly.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments