Fender Tone Master Deluxe Reverb (And Twin) Review

What's Hot

Comments

• MudcrutchMudcrutch Frets: 323
    Mudcrutch said:
    I’m guessing Lee’s marketing ploy Send one to Dave Simpson To love like gravy Cover him in butter worked for sales to shift old stock.

Err what? 
    What I Said Can you not read ?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Mudcrutch said:
    I’m guessing Lee’s marketing ploy Send one to Dave Simpson To love like gravy Cover him in butter worked for sales to shift old stock.

I mean it says paid promotion so yeah...
    Mudcrutch said:

I mean it says paid promotion so yeah...
    It’s Daves Thank you Lee for sending me this amplifier because I’ve been wanting to try one for ages.
    Then Oh it’s brilliant and sorry Lee your not getting it back I love it bollocks because he got it for nothing in the first place.
    Many Youtube sites are going down hill to oblivion this year.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    You tell me Lee didn’t give that amp to Dave Simpson to review for nothing??
    What got up my nose was Dave saying I’ve wanted to play with one of these for ages .
    Then the thank you Lee from Andertons.
    All down hill after that.
  • PonchoGregPonchoGreg Frets: 764
    So yes - it's a paid promotion, and marked as such. Unlike a lot of the youtubers getting guitars from Harley Benton (and others) to "try out" and not disclosing that.
    Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Mudcrutch said:
    What got up my nose was Dave saying I’ve wanted to play with one of these for ages .

It's marked as paid promotion, I don't see a problem. In fact, a paid promotion I can trust more than someone who bought something with their own money - if someone just dropped a load of cash on a piece of kit, it's probably going to have a positive review. See my recent ngd post, for example! 

Is there something wrong with Andertons? 
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3900
    I'm not arsed at all but Dave did say "it's staying, but I can't afford it, I'll have to sell some stuff" or words to that effect.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9528
    Mudcrutch said:

It's marked as paid promotion, I don't see a problem. In fact, a paid promotion I can trust more than someone who bought something with their own money - if someone just dropped a load of cash on a piece of kit, it's probably going to have a positive review. See my recent ngd post, for example! 

My review wasnt a paid promotion... :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Mudcrutch said:

My review wasnt a paid promotion... :)

Haha wasn't a dig. We've all honeymooned a piece of kit, and flogged it 6 months later as it's not really what we need.

At least a promotion type review can honestly critique a product - they've already been paid, or sent the kit for free or whatever so they've nothing to lose in a sense. Imagine if someone bought a £5k amp, gave it a shite review and couldn't sell it on! 
  • SammySammy Frets: 129
    edited March 2021
    If I can just chip in, if any of you Retailers want to send me an amp or guitar to check out, please feel free, as Wazmeister has pointed out, I do a good honest review and you won't even have to let me keep them, unless you really want to!
    PS If you do, can you also please include a nice video camera, as it would be a lot easier and better sound than using my webcam plus it may help with further sales from these lovely Fretboarders, if the comments were good! 3
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5748
    I had the DR for about 8 weeks and sold it on. The chance came up to grab something with that Black Face tone from Vyse and having both isn’t really an option. Being a Vyse amp, naturally it’s wonderful and I’ll wager that it’s richer, more full, more complex and alive sounding than anything that’s come out of a fender factory. 

Why am I telling you all this? Because I still miss the Tone Master and I’m even considering going back the other way. I know the TM isn’t as ‘good’ but it’s such a good combination of really likeable attributes that’s it’s hard not to love. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1795
    Does anyone know anywhere that could make a silverface faceplate for one of the Twins?

I’m very much considering swapping my 68 Custom Vibrolux for a TM Twin but being a tart I’d really like it to be an SF
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17603
    tFB Trader
    Deadman said:
    I'm not arsed at all but Dave did say "it's staying, but I can't afford it, I'll have to sell some stuff" or words to that effect.

Dave relies on product demonstration and gigs to pay his rent and there aren't any gigs.

I imagine he was paid a fee to do the review because he can't pay his rent with a Deluxe Reverb, but I'm sure Lee would let him have the amp at cost or a substantial discount if he liked it.

I really don't think given that his first words are about Andertons and it has a paid promotion strap he could be more honest.

You tube product demonstrators are doing a paid job they are not bedroom hobbyists with a video camera. Get over it.
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Mudcrutch said:

What's the beef with Andertons?
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Mudcrutch said:
    Mudcrutch said:

Err what? 
    What I Said Can you not read ?
    Punctuation might help us reading novices.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Deadman said:

Dave relies on product demonstration and gigs to pay his rent and there aren't any gigs.

I imagine he was paid a fee to do the review because he can't pay his rent with a Deluxe Reverb, but I'm sure Lee would let him have the amp at cost or a substantial discount if he liked it.

I really don't think given that his first words are about Andertons and it has a paid promotion strap he could be more honest.

You tube product demonstrators are doing a paid job they are not bedroom hobbyists with a video camera. Get over it.
    What? Go and start and argument with someone else.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17603
    tFB Trader
    Deadman said:
    Deadman said:

Was addressed more at the thread in general rather than you.

Deadman said:
    Deadman said:

Was addressed more at the thread in general rather than you.

Phew, that’s ok then. I love Dave. I think he deserves all the freebies he can get. That review is just the best too.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9528
    For me, as the OP of this thread, I still thinkmthe TMDR is an amazing amp. 

I still own mine, and its my current main home amp. To be fair, I dont think that (compared to some of the boutique brands eg. Carr, Tone King, Louis Electric etc) that the valve DR is a great amp. Its a very good one.

But the “combination of attributes” as @dazzajl phrased it, is whats makes it exceptional value for money. True, it does sound very good, and at volume too, but the finger light weight, DI out, and attenuator makes it a simple working solid delight.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Mudcrutch said:
    Is this the new party line now? Slagging off Andertons on multiple threads when you get the chance?

what’s your issue with them?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • idiotwindowidiotwindow Frets: 1399
    edited March 2021
    poopot said:
    Mudcrutch said:
    what’s your issue with them?
    That they are not Bax or Thomann?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom