Recommend me great techs for re-frets?

What's Hot
I’m based in Hertfordshire so somebody local would be great but not essential.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6938
    I'd recommend Jonathan @FelineGuitars. East Croydon....you have a train from Bedford straight to East Croydon...
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11978
    tFB Trader
    Fretwork and refrets are possibly our speciality.......

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 377
    Stuart at https://www.tonehenge.co.uk/ is not a million miles from you and is brilliant. He's a touring guitar tech for some top bands and runs a workshop doing setups and maintenance when he's not on the road (which is all bloody year, at the moment). Lovely guy, knows his onions. Tell him Mike Prosser sent you, he'll look after you! 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16674
    L A Guitars in Whetstone N20 .......quite expensive but very good and very experienced
  • Another vote for Feline - their work is amazing - I live in Glasgow but they now do all my refrets :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3043
    Fretwork and refrets are possibly our speciality.......
    Without question Jonathan and the team at Feline are nothing short of fret whisperers. I’ve had 3 full refrets and at least as many dress/setups done there. If I had the funds I would stick all my guitars through there for a refret with Dunlop 6000’s whether or not they needed it because the end result is amazing 
  • +1 for Feline. Not had a re-fret done by them, but the fret work on my Lion is exemplary.
  • +1 for Jon and the Feline team, I’ve had two vintage guitars refretted by them and they are spot on. 

Also @Danielsguitars just scratch built me a custom Brazilian rosewood tele neck and the fret work is spot on :+1: 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28397
    Feline are the best! 
  • How about Feline – are they any good?  =)
  • Someone in Croydon was recommended to me but I can’t recall their name for love nor money...
  • Someone in Croydon was recommended to me but I can’t recall their name for love nor money...

Canine Guitars
    Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jonathan is amazing at @FelineGuitars but also my personal pick is @IvisonGuitars Neil is an absolute guru and I've now trusted him with all my guitars and full refret on my prized strat
  • Another shoutout for Feline. Their fretwork is amongst the best I've seen, they've done a few fret dresses on my guitars and the fretwork on their builds is so silky and smooth.
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2161
    edited September 2020
    Another +1 for Feline. He did my PRS. It plays like perfection with 6100’s on. He also did a part fret dress on an Ibanez I had and a set up on my Kotzen. All play beautifully. Oh and I’ve a custom Tabby on the way.