Using two interfaces (not at the same time)

I currently use a Roland DUO-Capture EX as my main interface.
Now I also have a Line 6 Helix But only one set of monitors
I don't want to use both at the same time, and I have found if I use the Helix over USB to record with the rest of the track running through the Roland I get some very strange phasing effects.
What I don't want to do is replug the speakers every time I want to switch between interfaces?
What would you do?
My thoughts are to use an old Yamaha Mixing desk, i.e. take the outputs of both Helix and Duo-Capture into separate channels, with the desk providing the out put to the Monitors.
But the Desk is pretty old and am worried it may colour the sound somewhat.

Any other ideas?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Chris_JChris_J Frets: 139
    Instead of usb, could you use the helix as a line in source through the Roland?
  • Chris_J said:
    Instead of usb, could you use the helix as a line in source through the Roland?
    Yes I can do this, but it so much easier to do re-amping when recording over USB (as well as noise floor advantages)
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    I run multiple audio interfaces 3 or 4 at once depending on what I am doing.

The way I do it is I have one as a master interface that has the outputs of the others attached to its inputs, usually digitally.
    The master interface then routes those other audio interface outputs directly to the monitors.

In this situation I'd run the outputs of the Roland to a pair of inputs (returns) on the Helix and send that signal directly to the monitors.