Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Amp suggestions under £2,000

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• They're 44lbs which is less than my dsl40, so not bad considering I'm not lugging it everywhere 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rift has to be worth a look.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

This /\.   Though can become addictive ...I have 3.
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 731
    tFB Trader
    Victory VC35 is worth a look - glorious amp! I
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
  • spirit7spirit7 Frets: 338
    Used Boogie Mark IV or any used big boy Bogner. Phenomenal. 

Alternatively a second hand Friedman Smallbox (although they’re very Marshally, which you already have).
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305
    edited September 2020
    All good suggestions here but have you seen this Mesa currently in the Classifieds?

It might be a tad early for you but these are good amps, it ticks most of your boxes and it's a good price, too

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/188349/fs-ft-mesa-boogie-express-50-plus-head-800#latest

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SchmoSchmo Frets: 170
    My 3rd Power CSR 40 is available again - 2 channels, 40w output, patented hybrid master volume, fx loop, foot switch. As good (or better !) than anything out there in this classification in my experience...
  • Do yourself a favour and just spec up and order an RDA Dualist. I’ve never looked back since owning mine. Amazing amps. And not that expensive compared to other boutique amp builders 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • I might be missing the obvious here but, what sounds are you actually after?

The “not a marshall” is a bit misleading too, which one? Does that rule out all marshall derivatives too?

While I agree that a Mesa MkIV/V would be an impressively versatile amp for just about anyone, it might help to say what you’re looking for tonally.
  • I have a dsl40c. I don't play country if that helps but play a lot of everything else. So no freidmans although they are nice and not a Marshall.
    Everyone suggesting Mark v but will have to be used as a can't go over 2k
  • Do yourself a favour and just spec up and order an RDA Dualist. I’ve never looked back since owning mine. Amazing amps. And not that expensive compared to other boutique amp builders 
    They look amazing, however I don't trust myself to pick all the right parts. Or I may miss out a control I'd need later on. How much are they generally? 
    All the rifts are pushing the top end of my budget but Andertons have a huge selection I'll have to try out
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305
    edited September 2020
    Are you gigging (well, is anyone at the mo, but you know what I mean)? I have the smaller wattaged Mark V 25 Head and the slanted 1x12 cab and the sound is big and loud.

The Head is well spec'd, as described by Randallflagg, and there's plenty of clean headroom but it works for both home and live.

The heads have been going on here for around £1100 and they weigh 16lbs

This should give you an idea of its versatility and it contains a selection of Boogie amps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0p-ks5xlnY&list=RDb6dijpysCWk&index=18

This /\.   Though can become addictive ...I have 3.
    This ^.  Although I’ve only got two Rifts, clearly not enough!
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1819
    edited September 2020
    Do yourself a favour and just spec up and order an RDA Dualist. I’ve never looked back since owning mine. Amazing amps. And not that expensive compared to other boutique amp builders 
    They look amazing, however I don't trust myself to pick all the right parts. Or I may miss out a control I'd need later on. How much are they generally? 
    You need not worry about that. Firstly Rob will talk you through the spec you’d want when you chat to him. Secondly he will happily mod it later on if you wanted. For example originally my Dualist didn’t have an external speaker output but he put one in for me in January of this year so I can use a 1x12 external cab if I had space at a gig and ‘cos it sounds great having 2x12 speakers. 

I think my Dualist cost around £1300-£1400 a few years ago. Which imo is an absolute bargain. Quality amp that rivals all the higher priced boutique amp names we all hear about. Most of those are just hype anyway imo. 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • merlin said:
    I have a Hamstead Artist 20+RT. I may need to sell it by the end of the year if I can't find any work....

I have one of these. It's the best amp I've ever had so highly recommended from me.
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2085
    The the Cali Tweed you mentioned in the OP is a good shout to be fair..
  • Nerine said:
    The the Cali Tweed you mentioned in the OP is a good shout to be fair..
    I keep on coming back to that one as it ticks a lot of boxes. I will try it out when peach notify its back in and compare with filmore and a few others
  • donbotdonbot Frets: 360
    Mesa Mark IV 25. Does everything, sounds great. Fx loop, headphone socket, multi Watt, footswitch. 
    Or maybe go British with a Victory V30 countess mkII