HX effects into Stomp, and amp patches

What's Hot
thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2319
Soooo..

I've had a HX effects for quite a while.   I've also had a stomp previously but couldn't get on with it as a replacement for the HX or my other pedal board.  This was mainly  due to the little screen/lack of footswitches.  As such  I sold the Stomp..

Then during lockdown I decided upon getting an ampless setup (partly through boredom tbh)..  I've now bought another HX stomp, with the aim of using it pretty much only for amps/cabs & probably a bit of reverb, and then using it at the end of the chain.

My chain would go - 
Wah-Tuner-3 drive pedals (Barber x2, Rat,  TC spark mini)  - HX effects (for modulations/delays) and then into the Stomp.   Other board is similar but use a mobius/DD500 instead of the HX effects.

Couple of questions:
1. Is this going to sound mushy as feck. -  Any tips around global settings for this?  Also,  I'm not sure whether to use effects loops  (drives in effects loop for HX effects?). How is it best to hook up the HX to the stomp?

2.I'm basically wanting a fantastic clean sound from the Stomp for Amp & cab/IR.    Drives coming from my drive pedals.
What amp models do people recommend? Also, any custom IR's that help with a great sounding clean tone?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    edited September 2020
    I found this video really useful when trying to the same thing 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Beexter said:

I'll watch that. Cheers.

How did you get on with it then?
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    thomasw88 said:
    Beexter said:

I'll watch that. Cheers.

How did you get on with it then?

It worked well and the midi control options on the HX FX make it very useful to add control to the Stomp.I do use a Boss SY1 and a Digitech Ricochet along with a  couple of expression pedals so for the sake of compactness, ive ended up with a Morningstar MC6 and a few pedals which fits on a Palmer Pedalbay 40.