Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Sony PS5 prices and launch date announced

What's Hot

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17598
    tFB Trader
    Yikes it's massive!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That’s fairly insane. Almost 50 cm on the long edge!? 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11872
    It is going to sit behind my TV, it's the only place that it can go!
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2392
    Yeah, that's where I was going to put the Series X.... if only to hide it from the Mrs.

Wonder how many people will be purchasing new TV furniture?
  • FarleyUK said:
    Yeah, that's where I was going to put the Series X.... if only to hide it from the Mrs.

Wonder how many people will be purchasing new TV furniture?
    I do have a new TV unit on order. Not specifically because of the PS5 but the design was chosen partly for it. I can get down to PS5, Switch, AV box and central 5.1 speaker in the new unit and that should all fit easily. Hopefully with enough space for the controller charging stand as well.
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1097

32" is way below the average screen size these days I reckon.
    Even the PS4 in that render looks massive compared to the tv as well.

just out interest what size tv are people using for their consoles?

Mine's 55" (previous set was 42" 3 years ago)
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17598
    tFB Trader
    I could probably slot either of them into my TV unit, but I think they would overheat due to lack of air gap.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • wibble said:

32" is way below the average screen size these days I reckon.
    Even the PS4 in that render looks massive compared to the tv as well.

just out interest what size tv are people using for their consoles?

Mine's 55" (previous set was 42" 3 years ago)
    We've had our current 55 for coming up 8 years. Thinking about a new one for 4K and HDR. The Sony X90H looks excellent, but not sure if we want to go to 65". Also need to be confident it can't be knocked over as we have a cat who loves jumping and standing on the top edge of the current TV...
    We've had our current 55 for coming up 8 years. Thinking about a new one for 4K and HDR. The Sony X90H looks excellent, but not sure if we want to go to 65". Also need to be confident it can't be knocked over as we have a cat who loves jumping and standing on the top edge of the current TV...

MIne's an LG C7 OLED - the screen is blade thin so a cat would struggle to stand on the top edge!
    I quite fancy upgrading to the new LG CX though.

Is yours wall mounted?
  • Mine is 46. Had it since 2013 and it’s going strong. (Kiss of death!)

It is wall mounted. 

I reckon I could fit 50-52 in the same place before I had to start moving the wall bracket up a bit. Maybe a bit bigger as the current telly has quite a large bezel. 

Hopefully get a few more years out of it. My kids love 3D films and we have quite a few but it doesn’t look like many newer models have that anymore.

• They do look big!  If I get one I'll go digital only, not owned a Playstation since the PS2, so no games to worry about and don't have any Blu Ray.  Won't fit under or around the TV so would tuck it behind.

That said, the Xbox Series S is so small it's nearly portable, that might fit me better for now, I can move it to whatever TV's nobody is using.
  • wibble said:

MIne's an LG C7 OLED - the screen is blade thin so a cat would struggle to stand on the top edge!
    I quite fancy upgrading to the new LG CX though.

Is yours wall mounted?
    Nah, I've never liked wall-mounted. People always have them way too high up so you have to look up at it when sitting on the sofa. I still need a stand for the AV box and consoles, so the TV might as well sit on it. 
  • Wow - Microsoft has just bought Bethesda!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/54233235

Wow - Microsoft has just bought Bethesda!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/54233235

That means Microsoft are now producing two PS5 exclusives!  Ghostwire Tokyo and Deathloop!

• Presumably they'll have to honour that... or buy themselves out of it somehow.
  • Only console I’m playing much of atm is my SNES mini now that I’ve got N64, GBA and Megadrive Roms on it. Would love a Switch just for Zelda and the Link’s Awakening remaster. 

The PS4 passed me by and I mainly use my XBox One as a media centre so think I’ll probably stick to my little nostalgia box! 
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2408
    Only console I’m playing much of atm is my SNES mini now that I’ve got N64, GBA and Megadrive Roms on it. Would love a Switch just for Zelda and the Link’s Awakening remaster. 

The PS4 passed me by and I mainly use my XBox One as a media centre so think I’ll probably stick to my little nostalgia box! 
    Absolute lad! I’m mostly on my GameCube atm, and the back catalogue of games is ridiculous. Definitely get a Switch, though not just for Zelda. Plenty of great NES and SNES games available for online members, and the eShop has some great indie titles, many of which are reminiscent of simpler times.

• Not particularly on the Switch, but games like Escapist, Stranger Things and Among us have been really popular lately, so there's definitely a massive market for retro games like that.  I wonder how many people will get the new generation of consoles and only end ip playing things that the original Xbox or PS1 could have played.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10200
    I will always go for the disk version. I always sell the game after I've completed it. So if I buy a new game for £50 I'll sell it for £40 three weeks later. Not bad for a tenner!