Boss OC-5 Octave

What's Hot
fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23906

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Bass

• Coincidence that this is announced a week after the EHX Pitchfork +?

Probably.

Can't help but feel it's a bit behind the competition (Pitchfork or Pitchfork +) if it doesn't have an expression pedal in to effectively turn it into a Whammy. Saying that I guess it depends on the price point and if that makes it appealing in comparison.
  • jpttaylor said:
    Coincidence that this is announced a week after the EHX Pitchfork +?

Probably.

Can't help but feel it's a bit behind the competition (Pitchfork or Pitchfork +) if it doesn't have an expression pedal in to effectively turn it into a Whammy. Saying that I guess it depends on the price point and if that makes it appealing in comparison.

I don't think it's meant to be a competitor. It's closer to something like the TC Sub n Up in terms of what it does. The Pitchfork+ is something else (and is next to useless without MIDI IMO).

I don't think Boss gives a crap about getting its products out alongside someone else's similar one. If it did they'd be launching a PS-7 (or -200/-500) about now.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• Andertons have it on preorder at £119

• I think I'll get one but only when they are in stock....really dislike paying upfront for things like this and waiting for ages. I did the same with the first few Waza pedals and Andertons made a right hash out of it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993
    Does the pitch fork have the poly mode thing from the oc? 
  • Interesting. 

I have an oc-3 and like it. 
    The guy, Deron Miller from cky/96 bitter beings that was my reason for buying it always used and from what I understand still uses an oc-2. 

So this having an oc-2 mode is cool. 

I tried the cheap Tc Nether which is supposedly an oc-2 clone but didnt like it much, tracking wasnt great and there were some real bassy artifacts that just sounded like they’d crap the speaker out lol. I know the oc-2 had its glitches though.

Dunno, I’d like to try one but not sure I’d prefer it over the oc-3 enough for me to warrant £119.. 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 905
    edited September 2020
    Wonder why this isn't a Waza OC2? Maybe because the OC2 mode has an extra function the original didn't?
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • wonder how it compares to a MICRO POG. I go through phases with mine but it's never left the board and I'm currently enjoying what a ridiculously useful tool it is