SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

BOTH SOLD Fender PJ special, Boulder Creek EBR3-N4F fretless acoustic

TrudeTrude Frets: 914
edited November 2020 in Basses £

Having finally acknowledged a guitarist like me should only really have one bass, I'm clearing out some others I've picked up for various band projects over the years.

These are all available for collection from Fareham, Hants.  Shipping at cost is possible, though right now I have no boxes big enough for a bass, so it'd take some time to get that organised.

Starting off with a A Fender (Mex) PJ special with upgrades - £600

This was purchased new by me in about 2004.  Here are the details of the upgrades:

• Seymour Duncan Basslines pickups.  I don’t remember exactly which model, but I think they may be Quarter Pounders. They sound great, whatever they are!
  • Badass bridge
  • Hipshot Bass X-tender tuner (drop your E down to whatever pitch you want)
  • Tort scratchplate (original adonised one included - see pics)

It's in a pretty cool matte black finish.  It picked up a smattering of small dings and scratches from gigs, but nothing untoward.  There's also a tiny pin-sized hole on the face of the headstock from when the Hipshot tuner was installed.  My mate did it when drilling a pilot hole for one of the screws - Doh! (see pics).  Also the master tone knob is missing.  The pot itself is fine, but since I rarely tweak the tone I never bothered replacing the knob.

Comes in the original gigbag.

Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    edited November 2020

Boulder Creek EBR3-N4F fretless - £550

This is a seriously loud acoustic bass.  As in you can actually be heard playing acoustically alongside acoustic guitars, cajons etc with this, due to the large body size, solid wood construction and the unique floating top design.  It's fretless too, so this is basically as close as you'll get to a portable alternative to an upright bass.

This link explains the floating bracing design in more detail:  https://www.bouldercreekguitars.com/24-2/

There's also a great pickup system with 4-band EQ, phase switch, tuner and volume control.  Both 1/4" and balanced XLR outputs are available, so you can go direct to the board for the easiest possible gigging setup.  Thanks to the upward-facing sound port, you can hear yourself loud and clear.  I never needed an onstage amp or monitor when using this at gigs.

It has picked up a few small dings and surface marks, but nothing to worry about and it plays really well.

Here's a link to a review of the fretted version from Guitar Interactive:  https://www.guitarinteractivemagazine.com/issues/issue-47/reviews/boulder-creek-ebr3-n4-acoustic-electric-bass-review/#

And this German chap gives a decent demo of how it sounds both unplugged and through an amp:

BOULDER CREEK EBR-3 N 4 F Natural Cedar Fretless

I assume these are discontinued now, because the only one I can find for sale is a used lefty 5-string fretted version on Reverb for £710. 

Comes with a "ROKSAC" branded gig bag

Trading feedback here
  • Trude said:
    Seymour Duncan Basslines pickups. I don’t remember exactly which model
    Those are Duncan/Basslines SPB-3 and SJB-3B Quarter Pound* pickups. 

* No “-er”. That would be a beefburger!
    Be seeing you.
    Trude said:
    Seymour Duncan Basslines pickups. I don’t remember exactly which model
    Those are Duncan/Basslines SPB-3 and SJB-3B Quarter Pound* pickups. 

* No “-er”. That would be a beefburger!
    Ah, thanks for the info!

Now I’m inexplicably hungry.....

Trading feedback here
    Price dropped to £600 and £550 respectively

Trading feedback here