RIP Fulham FCs premier league stay

What's Hot
mgawmgaw Frets: 5239
edited September 2020 in Off Topic
2 games in, they are going down for sure...shame always had a soft spot for them
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9654
    edited September 2020
    There's at least one team either as bad or worse than them (my team, West Brom) so they'll only need to find a couple of others and 17th could be possible
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5239
    There's at least one team either as bad or worse than them (my team, West Brom) so they'll only need to find a couple of others and 17th could be possible
    not a chance
    just seen the score   they have pulled 2 back against leeds, maybe Europa League is a possibility
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2418
    When I were a wee lad Fulham was my favourite footie team. They've certainly seen some ups and downs over the years.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11262
    There's only one F in Fulham. 
  • Nicest stadium I’ve been too (insofar as location and old school design) and decent fans. Hope they stay up but not at the expense of mighty Palace. 
  • scrumhalf said:
    There's only one F in Fulham. 
    I'm sure that was actually the name of a fanzine they had years ago? Hoping they go down, purely as I'm Brentford and it's a great local away day with great pubs. Also in recent years we've always done well against them (apart from this years play off final of course).
    took my eldest Son there a few times @DrCornelius great day out
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    I think the coldest I’ve ever felt was in the stand at Craven Cottage on the river side of the ground. It was the middle of winter and the wind was howling through the gaps. Mid 80s from memory, when David Bulstrode was trying to amalgamate Fulham and QPR, the slimy git, and there was a protest match between the two sides. 
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2912
    I mean it's only two games into the season, and we've got a lot more fight than we had the last time we went down, but no it doesn't look great.

I always feel like promotion is pretty bittersweet. Usually go from thinking you can win every week, to hoping against a battering every week.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Bidley said:
    I mean it's only two games into the season, and we've got a lot more fight than we had the last time we went down, but no it doesn't look great.

I always feel like promotion is pretty bittersweet. Usually go from thinking you can win every week, to hoping against a battering every week.
    Yes, as an Albion fan, I get this. Although we've had the 3rd option of some utterly mind numbingly boring mid table dross in the Prem as well relatively recently.

Was no point us getting promoted as we bring nothing to the table, but ultimately would kill the club staying in the EFL. Rock and hard place
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6378
    edited September 2020
    Bit early yet - set expection that you'll get mullered by the top 6 teams, but there's plenty points to be had below that.  Last season up until the last 5 games Watford could have made mid-table but they didn't take their chances against poorer teams. 
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Bidley said:

Yes, as an Albion fan, I get this. Although we've had the 3rd option of some utterly mind numbingly boring mid table dross in the Prem as well relatively recently.

Was no point us getting promoted as we bring nothing to the table, but ultimately would kill the club staying in the EFL. Rock and hard place
    Those two goals were a bit special tho @thecolourbox eh? Just the 5 we let in at the other end being a problem. I think we could have snuck a point if Gibbo had fallen over instead of losing his rag. 

I think Leeds will struggle too conceding 3 v Fulham is a warning sign if ever there was one. I'm hopeful we can buck up a bit against the Burnleys etc. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• BidleyBidley Frets: 2912
    No shame in conceding against a team with Mitrovic in it. I read somewhere he's the top scorer in the country this year. He's our best hope really.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6378
    Burnley ? They played really well last year !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I think realistically Fulham are going to be down there with us (Albion) but hopefully for Fulham they can score enough to stay in the fight for 17th. We won't, as we always bottle it against the lesser teams when it matters as our squad is mentally very lightweight and has been for some time. Plus we don't have a striker in the squad who can get a shot on target.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516

Should this still be in Tributes? 

It was a good joke but if the thread keeps going and going it seems a bit disrespectful.

(Sorry, I know that's a bit po-faced)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    @mgaw Cheers  :)
    no problem @Philly_Q ;
  • OMG YOU DIDN'T PUT "FOOTBALL" IN THE TITLE!!!!!!
    ON A GUITAR FORUM!!! :o 

HEATHEN! HEATHEN! HEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEENNNN!!!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom