FOOTBALL - Ole Solskjaer out - how long before we here the chant rise from below

What's Hot
guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14210
edited September 2020 in Off Topic tFB Trader
As its a new season I thought I'd start this again for you MUFC fans

To be fair it was a poor lack lustre performance - But that 2nd goal and VAR etc was a total shambles - NO WAY was that a penalty and the situation was made worse when the ref checked the monitor and agree - Who checks the ref - Bad decision - I thought the Leeds v Liverpool penalty shout last week was bad, but this was ultra bad

But as far as the performance went today, the Palace deserved the win, albeit counter attack and defend - But MUFC were devoid of ideas, inspiration, flair and so lack lustre - Early days I know and I have them for a top 4 finish, with CFC,  LFC and MCFC but Arsenal might have a say in that if MUFC continue to play like this 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    You should be perma-banned for not putting a football warning in the thread title :) 
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    I hope he's gets until at least Christmas, or the whole season, speaking as a Liverpool fan.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11291
    The penalty wasn't really a bad decision, it was a correct decision based on a ludicrous handball law.

Years ago the law was that ball to hand/arm wasn't a problem, the offence was hand/arm to ball. It was simple and was accepted for decades before some overpaid arse decided to stick his oar in.

Not only is it a beautiful game, it's a simple game as well. Or it should be. Stop buggering about with the laws of the game and let play flow. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    scrumhalf said:
    The penalty wasn't really a bad decision, it was a correct decision based on a ludicrous handball law.

Years ago the law was that ball to hand/arm wasn't a problem, the offence was hand/arm to ball. It was simple and was accepted for decades before some overpaid arse decided to stick his oar in.

Not only is it a beautiful game, it's a simple game as well. Or it should be. Stop buggering about with the laws of the game and let play flow. 

What he said, the pen and the retake were exactly what the law says are correct, that's not the refs fault.

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14210
    tFB Trader
    Sassafras said:
    You should be perma-banned for not putting a football warning in the thread title :) 
    corrected - will return to the back of the class
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14210
    tFB Trader
    underdog said:
    scrumhalf said:

What he said, the pen and the retake were exactly what the law says are correct, that's not the refs fault.

It is effectively zero tolerance - Yet will it continue throughout the season. or a touch hit 'n' miss - The former then becomes acceptable - The latter frustration and only adds to the issue
    underdog said:
    scrumhalf said:

It is effectively zero tolerance - Yet will it continue throughout the season. or a touch hit 'n' miss - The former then becomes acceptable - The latter frustration and only adds to the issue

I don't think it's right, but it's not the refs fault, it's how they've been told it has to be. Besides it's time Utd were in the recieving end of a bad one considering how many go their way at the other end.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28331
    edited September 2020
    I'm so out of touch with football, I forgot that Man U were even playing!

Lost 3-1 to palace, what an embarrassment. Ole isn't really good enough, is he. Having said that, I'm not really into changing managers every 5 minutes. I think that the Man U problems are above manager level.

Much better news though that Luton are joint first in the Championship, one of only 2 teams with 2 wins! GO LUTON!!!!
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    The VAR and penalty decisions were reminders for me why I don’t really watch modern day football anymore. An absolute farce and a complete clusterfuck of epic proportions. Regardless of what shite laws are in place, it was never a penalty and the retake was an absolute joke. I’ve seen keepers do this stuff for decades. Fuck this shit to death.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 982
    Dopesick said:
    The VAR and penalty decisions were reminders for me why I don’t really watch modern day football anymore. An absolute farce and a complete clusterfuck of epic proportions. Regardless of what shite laws are in place, it was never a penalty and the retake was an absolute joke. I’ve seen keepers do this stuff for decades. Fuck this shit to death.
    This season, this is one of the things they are clamping down on. 

Agreed about Ole, not good enough tactically. Being a good player doesn’t automatically make him a good manager, I’m actually surprised he got the job in the first place. Probably made the choice with their hearts more than their heads.
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5258
    UTD need to spend money on some defenders...midfielders...attackers....
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4978
    edited September 2020
    The absence of supporters at games has helped the sport. Yesterday there were twenty goals in only four matches. That number beats most full Saturday games in pre Covid-19 days. Keep the fans away and the game will or might become interesting again. 

Edit, there were twenty one goals in the four PL games yesterday. I had assumed that the Arsenal -v- West Ham game finished one one! Arsenal won two one. Kinda proves my point. 
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Dopesick said:

But the laws have changed since decades ago, last season to be precise, so the ref was doing exactly what was expected of him, both with the pen and the retake. Man U play by the same rules so had it been the other way around the decision would be the same, so it will even out as they say.
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    edited September 2020
    Dopesick said:
    Fuck this shit to death.
    U ok hun?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• United got caught cold, Palace have played 2 games and United were still on their holidays.  Looking at the positives (if there are any to losing the first game of the season), it may be a timely reminder that United need a few signings and need to ask fast. Other teams have made decent signings without the long drawn out games that you get with United (which usually end in failure anyway), time to either move on to new targets or pay the asking price.

United are more than capable of going on a run but with the slight decline at the end of last season and losing the first game it will have to happen immediately, league cup tomorrow but then away at Brighton at the weekend.

With regards to Solskjaer, we'll see, too early to say anything, pressure should be more on Woodward at the moment.

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    This isn't fun anymore.  It isn't even close 
    joeyowen said:
    speak for yourself, that United Defence is comical   
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    mgaw said:
    joeyowen said:
    They used to say it was the hope that kills you... but now the hope has gone I feel worse!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    they need to get rid of those centre backs, and start again,,i just dont see Harry M as good enough
    joeyowen said:
    mgaw said:
    joeyowen said:
    They used to say it was the hope that kills you... but now the hope has gone I feel worse!
    it is shocking....how many goals do they have to concede whilst fucking about at the back before they realise they are shit at it