FOOTBALL - Ole Solskjaer out - how long before we here the chant rise from below

What's Hot

Comments

• JackobeanJackobean Frets: 667
    edited November 2020
    Even if upper management sanction it, and i'm not sure they would - it's highly likely a Pogba transfer scenario would turn into a protracted Bale/Ozil style saga.

You overpaid massively, and he's hasn't exactly helped his prospects by playing shite week after week.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14213
    tFB Trader
    Jackobean said:
    Even if upper management sanction it, and i'm not sure they would - it's highly likely a Pogba transfer scenario would turn into a protracted Bale/Ozil style saga.

You overpaid massively, and he's hasn't exactly helped his prospects by playing shite week after week.
    It is  a weird situation isn't it in football - Having a player like Bale/Ozil, sat on your books, as a highly valued asset and not using it - Yet is still costs you a fortune week in week out - Maybe not unique to football, but imagine in any/many other businesses, would you allow such a key asset to be utilised in such a way that it costs you millions for no return

You might own, some land, not develop it for many years, but the value will probably still rise long term - But you wouldn't own a highly desirable 'Docklands' penthouse suit, let it be used by druggy/homeless/immigrants and as such its asset value is destroyed, costing you a fortune 

Yet football clubs are prepared to see such assets seriously devalued and cost them a fortune - And in the case of Ozil, seriously under mind other potential signings, moral and allow talent like Ramsey to leave as they can no longer afford to pay more to keep him - It stifles the business
  • starwarsnosebleedstarwarsnosebleed Frets: 2357
    edited November 2020
    Ozil does not fit into the team now, as he does not have the workrate required for Arteta’s style of play.

If he did play this season he’d have have done more harm than good for the team, and i suspect Arsenal would be on less points.

Pogba might have cost a lot, but is consistently ineffective and should be replaced, same with any player who doesnt perform, regardless of cost.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    You guys are alllll forgetting that utd are a business.  Pogba sells shirts by the millions, who cares about the on pitch 
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1948
    edited November 2020
    Get out the champions League, you monkey ass fools. Ye.
    You are not worthy.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28333
    Ole has to go. Just not up to the job. 

New manager required. happy to give Poch a shot personally. Also there was talk on the radio yesterday on poaching Brendan Rogers. I didn't like him at all with Liverpool, but let's be honest, he almost won the prem with them, did OK with Celtic (ok, in a one horse race) and is doing very well with Leicester. 

• axisus said: 

New manager required. happy to give Poch a shot personally. 

Utd are probably the only interested party at this stage - if you believe the rumours, Poch has been ruled out of every other top job due to his excessive wage demands. 
    Jackobean said:
    axisus said: 

Utd are probably the only interested party at this stage - if you believe the rumours, Poch has been ruled out of every other top job due to his excessive wage demands. 
    I'm beyond caring about money in football. Messi for £300 million, sure, give them the money!
  • GuyRGuyR Frets: 1344
    Jackobean said:
    axisus said: 

And possibly his never having won anything, however enjoyable and free-flowing his teams' style of play. 
  • DougDoug Frets: 172
    I've lost any interest in the premiership, it's entirely business, Absolutely Obscene! wages for 'meh' players driven by parasitic agents etc, etc. A 'Team'? game where a current 'star' striker can demand 2/3/4+ salary of a defender doing a first class job in his position. Current star striker kisses the badge upon scoring then appears in a different shirt a few weeks later. I should have posted this in the 'Boils my piss'!! thread  :)
    Doug said:
    I've lost any interest in the premiership, it's entirely business, Absolutely Obscene! wages for 'meh' players driven by parasitic agents etc, etc. A 'Team'? game where a current 'star' striker can demand 2/3/4+ salary of a defender doing a first class job in his position. Current star striker kisses the badge upon scoring then appears in a different shirt a few weeks later. I should have posted this in the 'Boils my piss'!! thread  :)
    You forgot the double point up to heaven.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4699

What a bizarre season it’s turning out to be.  Worst start since 72/73 yet level on points at the top on New Years Day.  Poch gets another job and nobody bats an eyelid, is the tide turning for Ole or just another false dawn for Man U (there’s been a few since 2013!).

Good result today, Villa were more than a match for United and that penalty was harsh, pity really as Villa deserved at least a draw.  

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025

What a bizarre season it’s turning out to be.  Worst start since 72/73 yet level on points at the top on New Years Day.  Poch gets another job and nobody bats an eyelid, is the tide turning for Ole or just another false dawn for Man U (there’s been a few since 2013!).

Good result today, Villa were more than a match for United and that penalty was harsh, pity really as Villa deserved at least a draw.  

It's weird being a fan.  Wolves was a win, but I was bored as shit for 90 mins

That was tense, and think we were lucky to get all 3 again.

Is riding your luck/grinding wins a sign of fluke, or champions?
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14213
    tFB Trader
    My hunch is Liverpool will still win the title - But I think they will continue to be pushed by a few clubs - Don't think they will win with 90 odd points this time - So will make it more interesting as a title contest - Look at the table now and the top 10, other than Arsenal, is what I'd have expected, but a few teams currently better/worse than expected within that top 10 especially Man City - 3 points separates 3-10 position - Can't ever recall it so close

Can't fault OGS results at the moment and 2nd in the table confirms that - Will be more tough for them when they start playing in Europe on a Thurs and Premier League on a Sunday - What with recovery time and travelling - But many games this year and they have been very bland to watch - No looking but can anyone recall when the top flight title was last decided on goal difference

Looking very tough for Sheff Utd - Hope they get more than 11 points - Want that record to stay with Derby
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10203
    Personally I think UTD should fuck off the Europa league and push for the title at this stage. Best position since they last won it and if they can beat Liverpool at home I think they could become underdog favourites. 
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4699

I think that point may come with the Europa although not quite yet, let’s see how January goes.  
    City have a game in hand and could be back in it, Liverpool just need a few back from injuries and they will push ahead.  A few bad results and you are 6th or 7th again - just look at Spurs, beat us 6-1 were quite a bit ahead and now 7 points behind (albeit with a game in hand). 

Transfers in Jan may change things as well, City need a striker, we could do with a centre half.  Although the best players are not usually available in January we did get Bruno Fernandes who has turned out pretty good so you never know.
    I have to give Ole credit, I was calling for his head in November but somehow Man U have crept up to joint top of the league. I really didn't see that coming at all! I honestly didn't think things were going to pan out for him but bringing in Fernandes has been the catalyst. Not sure that we can beat Liverpool over a season yet but happy to be up there abouts to be honest
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 1122
    Second in the league. We're top.
    Regards,
    LFC