Strymon Iridium in stereo - left/right channel difference

What's Hot
brucegillbrucegill Frets: 712
Anyone running an Iridium in stereo? I’m finding the right channel is always louder. Driving me nuts. Any ideas?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• That's not ideal! Is that into an interface or speakers or headphones?
  • Into a mixer and also direct to an interface. Just looked at the IR app and there are settings for each channel so set those all the same and it’s still slightly louder in the right channel
  • Silly question: have you tried swapping the cables over...does the balance problem swap too?
  • Silly question: have you tried swapping the cables over...does the balance problem swap too?
    Worth a go! Will report back...
  • Now I’m completely lost. I think I’ve solved one problem by amending the settings in the IR app. But I still have the same issue, but not all the time. I thought it was when I had a Meris M7 and Polymoon after the iridium, seems fine with just one of them after The iridium, but gets unbalanced with two. Then stuck a ZOIA after Polymoon and it’s fine. Then stuck all 3 after iridium and it’s fine. Then back to both Meris after iridium and all ok. Im off to drink a large gin. Or 4. 
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7777
    brucegill said:
    Now I’m completely lost. I think I’ve solved one problem by amending the settings in the IR app. But I still have the same issue, but not all the time. I thought it was when I had a Meris M7 and Polymoon after the iridium, seems fine with just one of them after The iridium, but gets unbalanced with two. Then stuck a ZOIA after Polymoon and it’s fine. Then stuck all 3 after iridium and it’s fine. Then back to both Meris after iridium and all ok. Im off to drink a large gin. Or 4. 
    Clearly you have too many pedals.

;)
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_C said:
    brucegill said:
    Now I’m completely lost. I think I’ve solved one problem by amending the settings in the IR app. But I still have the same issue, but not all the time. I thought it was when I had a Meris M7 and Polymoon after the iridium, seems fine with just one of them after The iridium, but gets unbalanced with two. Then stuck a ZOIA after Polymoon and it’s fine. Then stuck all 3 after iridium and it’s fine. Then back to both Meris after iridium and all ok. Im off to drink a large gin. Or 4. 

;)
    And not enough gin.... oh wait, maybe too much gin and not enough pedals..... that Chase Bliss Dark World in sales section is calling....
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    brucegill said:
    Anyone running an Iridium in stereo? I’m finding the right channel is always louder. Driving me nuts. Any ideas?

I run mine in stereo into a Steinberg UR44 interface and have no problem.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Paul_C said:
    brucegill said:

;)
    He needs more pedals.

Sort your life out man!
  • 19831983 Frets: 21
    I run mono into iridium then our stereo into interface. 

I too have found that the faders always show one side slightly hotter than the other. It’s very odd but in all honesty, it doesn’t sound like any side is louder/quieter. glad you fixed in on the app. If you have both sides eq’d differently then you might find levels do appear mismatched. 

Could it be one of your other pedals has gain levels for each side? Or perhaps you need a phase flip?

• 1983 said:

I too have found that the faders always show one side slightly hotter than the other. It’s very odd but in all honesty, it doesn’t sound like any side is louder/quieter. glad you fixed in on the app. If you have both sides eq’d differently then you might find levels do appear mismatched. 

Could it be one of your other pedals has gain levels for each side? Or perhaps you need a phase flip?

Sorry, only just seen your message...

Its a really strange one that I cant seem to replicate now. The options in the Strymon IR app are pretty good though. And maybe having them miss balanced actually helps the overall stereo image. Not had time to play around lately, but will revisit it. 

The other 3 stereo pedals I have some to be fine, I think if anything they make the miss balance more apparent - yet they're the same if I run something into them that's mono
  • 1983 said:

Sorry, only just seen your message...

Its a really strange one that I cant seem to replicate now. The options in the Strymon IR app are pretty good though. And maybe having them miss balanced actually helps the overall stereo image. Not had time to play around lately, but will revisit it. 

The other 3 stereo pedals I have some to be fine, I think if anything they make the miss balance more apparent - yet they're the same if I run something into them that's mono
  • That reply seemed to work in stereo okay 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hahahahaha.