Charvel DK24 HSS - any fans?

PonchoGregPonchoGreg Frets: 764
edited September 2020 in Guitar
Increasingly looking at this one (the 2pt tremolo in primer grey) as a modern, versatile superstrat.

I had a MIJ Charvel so cal for a little while and I really, really enjoyed it but the HH setup, no tone pot and floyd was a bit too much for my bluesy/pop ways... The DK seems like the best of both worlds to me.

Anyone here got one? How do you rate it, especially in terms of fretwork, fit and finish etc for the price? What's the neck like? (I really liked the one on my so cal, as it was pretty chunky for a shreddy guitar, not sure how the DK one compares)
Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Was some problems with 2 point trem’s on these at one time 
  • noisepolluternoisepolluter Frets: 892
    edited September 2020
    I’m similarly interested in the HH model, having recently bought a San Dimas which I love. 

(I do quite like the look of the HSS DK24 in red tinted ash, presumably a similar satin finish to the neck. Anyone seen one up close?)
  • Absolutely love mine (DK24 HH)  and is currently getting more playtime than my suhr modern. Haven't had any tuning issues with the trem but aware that early models did. I'm unsure what they changed to fix it or if it's luck of the draw. 

Biggest issue i had was the neck had shrunk a little in transit because it was freezing cold so the fret ends were a little sharp. 24 hours later and it was absolutely fine but surprising for a roasted neck. 

Everything feels absolutely superb in terms of feel and finish quality, theres some rough bits underneath cavity covers but I don't really care about that. This is a sub £1000 guitar that rivals A LOT of boutique intruments IMO. Neck feels skinny, kinda like an original Musicman JP6 neck - narrow and thin but very comfortable for long periods of playing. 

I'm currently looking at the HH Tele they do in the same range and even an HSS to add to my collection
  • Sweet, thanks man. They dont seem to come up for sale massively often (and a couple of recent ebay sales would indicate that people aren't afraid to pay about 80% of the new price for one!) so would be nice to try in the flesh I think. Whether or not I can find somewhere local with stock before a new lockdown is another matter :s
    Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!