Does anybody own a Kinkead/Kinkade archtop?

What's Hot
Out of curiosity - does anybody on here own an Archtop made by Jonny Kinkead? 

As I am sure some of you know, Jonny is first-rate luthier based in Bristol who makes exceptional acoustic guitars. Turns out that he used to make some archtops as well back in the day.

There was a standard production model called the Montpelier, that was similar to an L4CES (a 175 with a solid top) and he also made a 'Frank Evans' model for the fantastic jazz guitarist of the same name (who was also Bristol-based, sadly now no longer with us) 

Unsurprisingly, I cannot find out much about these guitars online but I suspect that they are really quite special 

If anybody on here has one, I would love to hear more about it - perhaps with pictures and sound clips

Apologies if this should have gone in the 'Made in the UK' thread 

Formerly known as EvansDrD
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KKJaleKKJale Frets: 993
    Not an owner, but played one or two many years ago, and they are very good guitars. Jonny tended to use Schaller pickups back in the day, which could likely be improved. The Montpelier I remember best was a pink one, yes very pink, that he made for Angelo Bruschini (Blue Aeroplanes, Massive Attack etc). 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KKJale said:
    Not an owner, but played one or two many years ago, and they are very good guitars. Jonny tended to use Schaller pickups back in the day, which could likely be improved. The Montpelier I remember best was a pink one, yes very pink, that he made for Angelo Bruschini (Blue Aeroplanes, Massive Attack etc). 
    Wonderful! Thanks for getting back to me. Shame about the Schaller pickups. Knowing Jonny’s work - I imagine he focused on getting the guitar right acoustically. 

Formerly known as EvansDrD
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom