SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

MICROGRANNY 2 V2.5 Firmware Monophonic Granular Sampler - SOLD

stevrossthepipestevrossthepipe Frets: 138
edited December 2020 in Studio & Rec £
Amazing fun device with so many cool sounds but playing about with other hardware more at the moment. Boxed and in excellent condition.  This is the most current version got it new in June. Only used a handful of times.

They are £165 + shipping everywhere so save a bit of a chunk then spend the rest on your real granny (if possible)

https://bastl-instruments.com/instruments/microgranny

https://i.imgur.com/dOag1Ia.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/Wl0JoSg.jpg?1

My first proper recording/permanent set up. I have been moving towards making all the kit I love work together in a kind of harmonious lump. I have consolidated everything into 3 flavours of pedal board that will only change within themselves. All the synths work together but connect in some way and separately in there own way for what I want to do.

I have a grandiose plan to create a DAWless jamming environment for myself after years  sitting on the floor surrounded by boxes. I am building a desk like I have done before out of Bisley cabinets and a table top - maximum storage which has all arrived.  This will house all the accessories and cables in a neat and non plastic awful pull out draw set up. 

The mixer will be a Tascam Model 12. That way I can record a jam straight to a card or if I want use it as a physical mixing desk to go into Garage band/Abelton. Also very keen on all the sliders as I will use them in a dramatic way to move in drones etc. I should have ample channels to have everything mostly plugged in at once

The monitors I have decided on for a number of reasons are the Genelec 8020d with potentially adding the woofer at some point down the road but I can't really have tons of bass smashing around the house at the moment. Minimal treatment at the moment but this may change but they are more of just a high quality jamming speaker to hear some separation. They are small and light. I will grow with them once I get my head around mixing and my set up changes. I will use headphones as well a lot of the time. 

All of this is purchase and although some overlap they all have alot of character which is what I am looking for.
The synths are a Moog DFAM / Moog SUB Harmonicon/ Moog Mother 32 in 3 tier running into a smaller OBNE mixer. At some point I will add another layer with a bit of  euroack I expect as been researching a lot of the utilities and there is a lot of control to be had ...

Elektron Samples

Arturia Microfreak

Moog Grandmother 

Lyra 8

Guitar/Bass through my Quilter head which has a cab sim running through one of mega pedal boards.

Vocals/ Contacts Mics running through a OBNE MAW with stuff in the loop there including a looper and a tensor .Phwooar

Extra channel  for guest devices.

These are my questions:

A) All running off of 2/3 wall plugs with extension cables. I assume this could end up adding some noise and I well just have to experiment. Are there special extension leads banks any one would recommend for this kind of situation. 

Reamping - Any recommendation for re ampers  that I can use to go back into my DAW prob garage band after the event to add some more effects in the mix down process. 

I will post pictures as it progresses. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments