Your thoughts on Nashville Deluxe Tele

What's Hot
Ive been offered a Fender Nashville deluxe telecaster, but never played one.
Its the newer/current noiseless pickups version with a maple neck.
Anyone own,or played one ?
The chap selling it lives 50 miles from me so its a bit far to go around and try it out.
He's asking £450 for it,is that a good price for one of these ?
Ive watched a few YouTube videos,and people seem rate them highly.
The last mexican guitar i played was in the early/mid 2000's ,and all i remember is big clubby neck, overly heavy guitar,covered in a thick poly finish,played better Squires,
So ive always avoided them tbh
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 731
    tFB Trader
    @SnazzyGeezer They're a really versatile guitar, a lot of players love the in-between switch position on them for some Strat/Tele cross tones. £450 is probably a little high in terms of value (but not atrocious) IMHO
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
  • They're very good VFM, locking tuners and sculpted heel as stock plus 12" radius neck and taller frets - on a Tele you have to get an Ultra to get those features as stock IIRC...
  • I own one of these but with the pau ferro fretboard. I love it. It's got a lovely resonance unplugged, which is usually a good sign, and it's great to play. It's a quality guitar. The 12" radius neck might not be to everyone's taste. Depends what you're used to and comfortable with. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I think £450 is very good, the strats and tele's go for more than that on ebay. I sold my roadhouse strat recently for £600.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4695
    I had one for about three days and returned it as I couldn't see the point.  It was neither a Tele, nor a Strat and didn't sound like either of them.  Worst Tele I have ever owned.  It was OK to play mind.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • I paid £525 for mine second hand - they sell for £750-ish new so feels like a decent deal.
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 585
    Absolutely bloody love mine! I have modded it a little though for full disclosure. I had the switch changed so I could have that “tele” middle sound (I’ve got strats for strat sounds) so it goes B - B+M - B+N - M+N - N. That for me really made it.

i stuck a phase switch on the bridge pickup too, but that purely because I regret selling me Baja.

Super playable guitar and really solid feeling. Loud and responsive.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Guy in a band local to me has one. He loves it. 
  • Bezzer said:
    I had the switch changed so I could have that “tele” middle sound (I’ve got strats for strat sounds) so it goes B - B+M - B+N - M+N - N. That for me really made it.

That's a good shout!
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1958
    Matthutch said:
    Bezzer said:
    I had the switch changed so I could have that “tele” middle sound (I’ve got strats for strat sounds) so it goes B - B+M - B+N - M+N - N. That for me really made it.

That's a good shout!
    I use this combination as well. You need a "superswitch" to achieve it but they are readily available.
  • Thanks guys,sounds like i need to try it out
    The modifications sound good too
  • I really like mine, just worth noting that the old model had different pickups (tex-mex?) the newer ones have noiseless, I think the old ones also had standard tuners. The only thing I have a slight issue with is the lack of rolled edges but then, you get used to it..