Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Flat Earth

What's Hot
vizviz Frets: 10647
Where is the original flat earth thread please, anyone? I wrote some maths on it relating to curvature that I wouldn’t mind finding. 

(Also look at the sun receeding from view here - some people actually believe it’s setting...)

https://youtu.be/lwus2nqU0SY

Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15477
    if someone says flat earth 3 times the modmins release siraxeman from his imprisonment. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

14reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    Can't find it.  Was it deleted in when BCD got the chop?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    Pretty much all of the science behind flat earth thinking is in this diagram:

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It’s in the Trolls section.

The only way you can see it is if you are a member of the admin team, or we change your privileges to “Trolls”
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    edited September 2020
    I drove back from the Highlands today and saw graffiti reading ‘The Earth is flat’ about six times between Loch Lomond and just to the South of Glasgow.

Perhaps it’s true....
  • I want to know who raises all the ships that sink a few miles offshore.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    Siraxeman fell off the edge.
    The only people who believe it are Terry Pratchett saddos.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18389
    VimFuego said:
    if someone says flat earth 3 times the modmins release siraxeman from his imprisonment. 
    Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice a night at NYCs Tim Burton-themed  bar - The Verge
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5239
    I drove back from the Highlands today and saw graffiti reading ‘The Earth is flat’ about six times between Lock Lomond and just to the South of Glasgow.

Perhaps it’s true....
    think thats bad some bastards think you spell Loch Lock   fucking english \bastards @richardhomer ;
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Stopped at a service station in Wetherby last week and every bench had been graffiti’d with “the earth is flat” but someone had written “no it isn’t” on one of them. Now I don’t know what to believe. 
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    I drove back from the Highlands today and saw graffiti reading ‘The Earth is flat’ about six times between Lock Lomond and just to the South of Glasgow.

Perhaps it’s true....
    Nice place to be travelling back from, Richard!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2175
    Do people realise, flat earth was an experiment to test if people could be swayed to believe anything through the use of social media and targeted disinformation.

People laugh, but it's actually quite scary that if something as ridiculous as the earth being flat can be programmed in to peoples beliefs, what else can be and has already been programmed in to us. 
  • RobertWRobertW Frets: 148
    You only need ride a single gear bicycle for about half a mile before you'd realise it definitely fucking isn't flat, it's mostly uphill.   
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mgaw said:
    Lock Lomond
    think thats bad some bastards think you spell Loch Lock   fucking english \bastards @richardhomer ;
    That’s exactly the kind of thing I’d normally correct others on. Can I plead ‘phone auto-correct’?

Now edited to reflect my heinous crime.
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12258
    mgaw said:
    Lock Lomond
    That’s exactly the kind of thing I’d normally correct others on. Can I plead ‘phone auto-correct’?

Now edited to reflect my heinous crime.
    To be fair though, probably a few Scotch people do too.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RobertW said:
    You only need ride a single gear bicycle for about half a mile before you'd realise it definitely fucking isn't flat, it's mostly uphill.   
    But it is the most fun you can have on a bike, if you choose your route carefully.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • I drove back from the Highlands today and saw graffiti reading ‘The Earth is flat’ about six times between Loch Lomond and just to the South of Glasgow.

Perhaps it’s true....
    I hope they have got a Monty Python influenced theory that states ‘it’s not flat, just ‘very bumpy’. :)
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3617
    RobertW said:
    And even on the downhills the wind is against you so you need to pedal. 
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 2993
    edited September 2020
    That thread tought me a lot about trolling. The tradition continues to fly freely on the fretboard. 
  • "scotch"...  {shudders}   is that acceptable to Scottish people?
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?