SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

**SOLD** RARE Colorsound/Sola Eurotec Black Box Module Pedals

jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2479
edited July 2014 in FX £
Ok, here's a bit of a holy grail for you FX nuts! This is a very rare set of effects modules plus power supply made by Sola / Coloursound and branded 'Eurotec' Black Box in the mid/late 70's.

I have the Fuzz module which is
a true Colorsound Jumbo Tone Bender circuit, but with the gain knob moved inside as an internal trim pot. Features rare Zetex transistors & Mullard Tropical fish capacitors and sounds truly awesome.

Next up is a Faze module. An Analogue phaser at its swirly, creamy warmest! Sounds beautiful and I'm very tempted to keep it but I think it's better to keep the set together!

Next I have the Wah/Swell pedal which is a pretty unique sounding wah, slightly more toppy than a Crybaby which I think is useful for funk/soul.

Lastly, they're all contained and powered by an original 'Energiser' which has a built-in Noise Gate. This Energiser does provide power to the pedals but only in a certain order so you have to play around with it! The Noise Gate either doesn't work or is subtle to the point of non-existence! So I think this could do with a service.

Hard to price this so I'm going with completed Ebay listings etc for the single units. The Fuzz goes for £150-£200, Faze £80 odd and I've not seen the Wah/Swell or Energiser anywhere so I'm guessing £50 for the Wah/Swell and £30 for the Energiser. So let's start at £350 inc P&P (UK) and see how we get on!

Wikipedia:

"The Jumbo Tone Bender is a three transistor circuit based on the Electro-Harmonix Big Muff π. Sola Sound made this pedal under various names, in various enclosures and for various distributors. It can be found in a narrow Colorsound enclosure with the same graphics as the late germanium Tone Benders, a wide Colorsound enclosure, using Jumbo Tone Bender graphics, in Vox MKIII Tone Bender enclosures, in a different narrow enclosure rebranded as B&M (Champion) Fuzz, B&M Fuzz Unit, CMI Fuzz Unit, G.B. Fuzz, G.B. Fuzz Unit or Pro Traffic Fuzz Unit or in a smaller enclosure labeled as the Eurotec Black Box Fuzz Module. It was also part of the Colorsound Supa Wah-Fuzz-Swell."

PICS
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments