Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Which did you prefer - Audrey Hepburn or Marilyn Monroe?

What's Hot

Comments

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10267

Marilyn, without a shadow of a doubt. Hepburn was very pretty, but Marilyn was, to me, absolutely beautiful. I was a massive fan of hers during my teenage years in the eightees. A complicated character, but I would have loved to have met her.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• I would have loved to have met her.

‘met her’ :-)
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14210
    tFB Trader
    One would be the type of girl to take home and show to mum and dad - One would be a perfect bit on the side
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3584
    As above, MM would be high maintenance although good fun for a short while. AH would make a great life partner and is beautiful inside and out. Later pictures bare this out IMHO.

• Jalapeno said:
    merlin said:
    In answer to the OP. 

Telecaster. 
    Failing that Slash & Marmite ;)

Kirk vs Jaffa Cakes?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22769

They were both beautiful but so very, very different.

I can only really base an opinion on their film careers.  Monroe was all about sex appeal, no matter what the role, although she could be a very good actress on occasion.

Hepburn's screen persona is completely different, more like an exceptionally beautiful girl-next-door.

I watched a film called Charade - a sort of Hitchcock-lite comedy thriller directed by Stanley Donen, with Hepburn and Cary Grant.  Audrey looks lovely and wears lots of cute little outfits, but the whole thing is completely and utterly sexless, to the point where it actually becomes quite irritating.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MM in her NJ days does it for me...

but Julie Newmar in her prime beats them all.
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28329
    Philly_Q said:

I watched a film called Charade - a sort of Hitchcock-lite comedy thriller directed by Stanley Donen, with Hepburn and Cary Grant.  Audrey looks lovely and wears lots of cute little outfits, but the whole thing is completely and utterly sexless, to the point where it actually becomes quite irritating.

That is one of my favourite ever thrillers! I think that your "Hitchcock-lite comedy thriller" is way off base and rather degrading. It is not a comedy in the least, but I will concede that Cary Grant often entertains with the odd amusing moment or expression in his films. Sexless to the point where it becomes irritating???? Not all films are about sex you know! 

It's a great film, anyone who hasn't seen it should take a look, I saw it in my teens and it made a lasting impression, never forgot it.

• I’m too old and shallow to piss around, so it has to be Marilyn all day long. And every other day of the week while it lasted, until she found out I was only doing it for the shagging and got blown out.

Hepburn is way too skinny for my liking and the short hair doesn’t nothing for me either. Classier for sure, but looks a harder nut to crack and I haven’t got time to waste on begging.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Audrey all day. Never got the fascination with Marilyn, very average, looks like an alright bird down the Bigg Market.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Marilyn. Audrey is very pretty in an unconventional way and does the manic pixie dream girl thing very charmingly but she's not my idea of a sexy woman. 
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
    axisus said:
    Philly_Q said:

That is one of my favourite ever thrillers! I think that your "Hitchcock-lite comedy thriller" is way off base and rather degrading. It is not a comedy in the least, but I will concede that Cary Grant often entertains with the odd amusing moment or expression in his films. Sexless to the point where it becomes irritating???? Not all films are about sex you know! 

It's a great film, anyone who hasn't seen it should take a look, I saw it in my teens and it made a lasting impression, never forgot it.

I don't really like being argumentative but I'm not backing down on this one.  I'm glad you like the film and I'm not trying to persuade you that you shouldn't.  I know it's well-regarded by many, I'm in the minority here but it just doesn't work for me.

It definitely is a comedy - almost the entire script is will-they-won't-they banter between the pair of them, the villains are cartoon characters and there's the running gag about Grant not really being whoever he's claiming to be. 

And when I say sexless, I'm not bemoaning the lack of bedroom scenes - it's a (comedy thriller) romance which is supposed to be all about them gradually falling for each other, but Audrey (sorry, but I have to say this...) looks like a decorative bundle of sticks in a series of designer outfits and Grant comes across more like a slightly creepy old uncle.

• Philly_Q said:

Audrey (sorry, but I have to say this...) looks like a decorative bundle of sticks in a series of designer outfits and Grant comes across more like a slightly creepy old uncle.

Somewhat agree with that but still think it's a very enjoyable film.

“To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6149
    Philly_Q said:

Grant comes across more like a slightly creepy old uncle.

(Looks at the tFBers drawn to this particular thread...)

;)
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Marilyn, a nice juicy peach.
    Audrey, a classy dry twig.
    She was very good looking but no sex appeal.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Charade was enjoyable but it was basically a rom-com.
    goldtop said:
    Philly_Q said:

Grant comes across more like a slightly creepy old uncle.

(Looks at the tFBers drawn to this particular thread...)

;)

Tricky one that...

In reality, they were older than any of us; when we first saw the films they were probably still older (on screen) than we were; but now we're older than they were in the films.

So the films are the axis around which we turn into creepy old uncles?

• Guys, maybe you need one of these.... they're quite expensive, maybe get one between you.

Bye!

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhilW1PhilW1 Frets: 941
    Guys, maybe you need one of these.... they're quite expensive, maybe get one between you.

Marylin looks a bit rough there :)