SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - my Seth Baccus Nautilus

What's Hot
RevMattRevMatt Frets: 833
edited November 2020 in Guitars £
NOW SOLD

You all know how the story goes...

I'd been selling and saving to buy a Patrick James Eggle Macon when I got distracted and ended up buying this, and I was not disappointed. However, the Macon is an itch I have to scratch, so am looking to trade this for a Macon (any variant considered) if anyone has one?

Value wise, I think they're of similar worth but I'm open for discussion and may be able to add a small amount for something special.

Price to buy added: £2200

Other trade possibilities: Gibson Les Paul Std (plus cash my way)

So back to the Nautilus - this is an absolutely stunning guitar made in the UK back in 2015 by the highly regarded Seth Baccus. This particular example is a Nautilus Modern - check out Seth's site for more details, but as you'll see, they start from over £4k!

• 2015 Nautilus Modern Carved top
  • Body - FSC certified Honduras Mahogany (one piece)
  • Neck - FSC certified Honduras Mahogany (one piece)
  • Top - Highly flamed European Maple
  • Fingerboard - FSC certified Master grade Ebony
  • Head veneer - FSC certified Ebony
  • Pickups - originally Psychopaf Pickups PF-1 set but recently replaced with a brand new set of 'Monty's Full Monty' pickups (plus coil split)
  • Tone pros locking Nashville bridge with large posts, and locking
  • aluminium tailpiece.
  • Gotoh 510 super machineheads
  • Shark Inlays on the fingerboard with white pearl outlines and black
  • pearl centre pieces
  • Pearl side dot markers
  • Fretwire - Medium jumbo
  • Nautilus inlay truss rod cover
  • Greased bone nut
  • Neck profile - Slim soft v/c, depth at nut 21mm, depth at 12th fret 23mm
  • Finish - Trans Blue fading to soft black burst
  • Hardware - Black
  • Case - Hiscox
The condition is very good, but not mint and it does have a few tiny mark here and there - evidence that it has been played! It really is an amazing guitar that looks, plays and sounds superb...

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Goodness me that's nice...... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RebarRebar Frets: 134
    That is stunning. Do you have a straight sale price in mind (for those of us without a PJE)? 
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 833
    Rebar said:
    That is stunning. Do you have a straight sale price in mind (for those of us without a PJE)? 
    That's a very good question @Rebar ;

The thing is, I love this guitar and it's only the desire for a Macon that's making me consider letting it go - my hesitation about a straight sale is that I might not find a Macon. Now logic would suggest that with a bit of patience a Macon would turn up and I'd be in the good position of having cash ready - but this doesn't allow for stupidity which would inevitably mean that between selling this and finding a Macon I'd have blown the cash on 3 Encores, a Hondo and a 1986 Marlin!

Having said all that - feel free to contact me with a cash offer and it may just tempt me...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

A rather niche 2 week bump...

Possibly some cash to add to this for the right trade! I haven't ruled out a straight sale of the Nautilus so feel free to message me to discuss.

Sale price of £2200 added and may consider other trades - mainly more trad Les Paul types (Gibson LP Std).
    edited November 2020
    Happy to sell without the Monty's pups and adjust price accordingly if people have their own preference for pickups.

Edit: sold