SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED WTB A High Gain Amp - 60w Max, Heads only

Dave8Dave8 Frets: 241
edited October 2020 in Amps £
Alright,

I'm looking for a high gain head...I've been through a few amps which I've ended up moving on for one reason or another.. so I'm not looking for.. Engl Fireballs, Peavey 5150s, Marshalls (I'm pretty sorted with a Marshall I'm happy with).

Some things that are important to me:
  • Heads only, I'm not looking for combos
  • I'm not really looking for anything over 60w
  • I'm not a fan of the luncbox heads
I know this is quite a vague spec.. but If anyone has an amp that fits the bill.. shoot me a PM over.... I'm based in Huddersfield, but I'm willing to travel up to about 100 miles to collect the right amp.

Price wise - I probably wont be wanting to spend over £1k.. but I also have other things listed on here for sale if a P/X is something that would interest you.

Ta,
Dave
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Nick13Nick13 Frets: 731
    edited September 2020
    Alright, I see your not looking to go over 1k.  But I have a Dover da50 for sale if you can stretch a little further.  Fire me a message if you want to discuss it  
  • It’s over 60 watts (but has a great a master) but my good mate that’s not on the forum is selling an Engl Powerball V1 head and matching 4x12 for less than £800 - I borrowed it to use at my studio to record a metal band’s EP and it’s a monster!
  • Dave8Dave8 Frets: 241
    Hey @dombennison Thanks for the heads up, does your friend have a price in mind without the cab?
  • dombennisondombennison Frets: 99
    edited September 2020
    Dave8 said:
    Hey @dombennison Thanks for the heads up, does your friend have a price in mind without the cab?
    No problem! Just checked and he’s after £450 for just the head mate. That includes the Z5 footswitch too
    Thanks @dombennison, although I didn’t really get on with the fireball.. so I’m really looking for something a bit further afield than a poweball. That is an excellent price though... and I’m in Leeds often to be able to collect too. 
  • Dave8 said:
    Thanks @dombennison, although I didn’t really get on with the fireball.. so I’m really looking for something a bit further afield than a poweball. That is an excellent price though... and I’m in Leeds often to be able to collect too. 
    No worries at all mate! If you’re over Leeds way and you’d like to check it out, you’re more than welcome to pop round and give it a go
  • I can’t say I’ve tried an Engl Fireball but I’ve heard people say that’s more the ‘hard rock’ style amp and the Powerball is more the modern high gain amp. 
    I recorded this band’s song with the Powerball at my studio - all guitars recorded with Telecasters. 

• mrn1989mrn1989 Frets: 240
    I know you said not interested in mini heads, but definitely check out the Peavey Invective MH mate
    Fretboard Feedback https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58705/  ALSO Over 500+ 100% feedback eBay transactions 
  • Also don’t discount the Revv G20. Insanely good and sounds huge.
    @mrn1989 ; I'll have a look at the old Youtube for some demos of it

@kennedydream1980 I've never looked into the Revv amps.. ill take a look
  • Mesa Boogie Roadster?
    Yes it's 100W - but all 4 channels can be run as 50\w as well. And fx loops, s/state or valve rectification, solo boost.
    And coloured lights :)
  • I have a 50W EVH 5150 iii for sale. Cracking amp. I've just upgraded to a newer version, so, don't need it any more.
  • I have a Mesa Boogie Mark V35 head in mint condition (but without the footswitch), would need to stretch the £1k limit a smidge though, not too far away from you (near Nottingham)
  • neonblackneonblack Frets: 100
    edited September 2020
    Check my ad for Ceriatone, 50W, trust me, thats the best thing you can get, no matter the money.  
    Owned pretty much all of the big ones from boutique and all. 
  • Laney Ironheart 60 ? Brilliant amp. 
  • lysander said:
    Laney Ironheart 60 ? Brilliant amp. 
    I was thinking about that actually! Have played the small IRT Studio. Damn good and very loud for what it is!