HX Stomp plus HX Effects or Helix LT?

What's Hot
Current setup is HX Stomp controlled by a Morningstar MC6. Nice & compact, powered by usb powerbank, but the limited number of blocks is a little annoying at times..

Where to go next?

Add a HX Effects unit to the existing setup - how do the Stomp & Effects “play” together?

Ditch the lot and get a Helix LT?

Anyone use the stomp & effects together?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12897
    edited September 2020
    Given the combined price of each I think you'd have to have a really niche use case to justify having separate units over an LT, even just to save on cables and power supply hassles. 
  • Given the combined price of each I think you'd have to have a really niche use case to justify having separate units over an LT, even just to save on cables and power supply hassles. 
    It’s only really a question as I’ve already got a Stomp, so c£400 for effects or c£800 for LT. 
  • Yeah but if you sold your stomp you'd probably get £300-and-a-bit quid for it. And judging by eBay you can get an LT for £600-and-a-bit these days. 

I just don't see the point in having two units when you could combine into one. I guess there's a slight argument about reliability if one breaks but convenience would trump that for me. 

• BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    edited September 2020
    Current setup is HX Stomp controlled by a Morningstar MC6. Nice & compact, powered by usb powerbank, but the limited number of blocks is a little annoying at times..

Where to go next?

Add a HX Effects unit to the existing setup - how do the Stomp & Effects “play” together?

Ditch the lot and get a Helix LT?

Anyone use the stomp & effects together?

I have done - see this thread

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/190274/hx-effects-into-stomp-and-amp-patches#latest

Also, the next firmware update is rumoured to increase the number of blocks you can have in the Stomp...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I've been trying it (as per Beexter's post) and it works pretty well.

Main advantage over the LT is that you get the scrobble strips on the HX effects.    
    Plus I can use 2 footswitches on the stomp for amps and one for turning reverb on or off. 
    Other advantages are you have a backup solution for the HX if it fails, and size wise it's still smaller than the LT.

I am tempted to try a preamp n the loop of the HX and use IR'ss from the HX.  That might work well.
  • Gone for a LT to keep things all in one unit. 

Should be here Monday. 
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    Gone for a LT to keep things all in one unit. 

Should be here Monday. 
    You won’t be disappointed.
  • guitarcookie1guitarcookie1 Frets: 463
    edited September 2020
    duotone said:
    Gone for a LT to keep things all in one unit. 

Should be here Monday. 
    You won’t be disappointed.

I’m not, it’s here early..
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    Brilliant news.
    Have a great Sunday playing! How are you getting along with it?
    I’ve found the Austin Clean & Austin Lead to be my favourites of the presets.