SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Crazyparts, SCrelics 62-style mint strat pickguards

PonchoGregPonchoGreg Frets: 764
edited September 2020 in Parts £
Hiya,

Finally decided to start clearing my parts drawer a bit... These two were acquired in my never-ending quest for the right pickguard for my strat (I invariably revert to the stock guard!)

Apologies in advance for the pictures, I've never found a setting on my phone that accurately reproduces colours... the below is the closest I could get to the "real life" look.

First up, "Art of Aging" 62' Green Strat Guard "Smoked"(wide bevel)

This one: https://www.crazyparts.de/art-of-aging/pickguards-for-fender/st-guards/aoa-62-strat-guard-smoked-greenish-wide-bevel.php

Bought direct from Crazyparts a few months ago, fitted for a day at home. Not quite the right shade for my strat, but a cracking repro. Nice mint colour, subtle discoloration, neck pickup screw hole crack, etc.

£30 PPG posted => SOLD

Edit: managed to find a pic of it mounted on the guitar (I would say it's a touch darker overall in real life)

Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Next up, a similar 62-style guard, bought from SCRelics at the same time as a body a couple years ago, never actually fitted to the guitar. Not a relic job per se, but it is a matt finish, which looks ace. Perfect platform to add your own grime buildup!

62-style screw hole configuration, also has the benefit of a sizeable shielding area on the back.

£15 PPG posted

• DanDan Frets: 440
    PM’d re art of aging pickguard. 
  • And AoA pickguard therefore on hold :)
  • AoA pickguard sold
  • PM me and I will take the matt mint guard
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Both sold