Looking for Tele pickguard for mini hb

What's Hot
GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3539
After watching the Ask Zac review of the Brent Mason Tele, am thinking about trying a Firebird in the neck of my American Pro Tele. Anybody making a suitable pickguard that won't require major surgery to fit? 

(Any recommendations for pickups would be met with gratitude, also.)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7022
    tFB Trader
    I found these on eBay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262992235124

Pickguard mount would be much more straightforward than a proper mini humbucker mount (like the BM Tele) which needs a P-90 size hole in the pickguard and the guitar:

Mine has a Gibson pickup from a Les Paul Deluxe, like Brent Mason's original and it works really well with the Texas Special in the bridge. I did have to flip the magnet to match the polarity of the bridge pickup though so bear that in mind*.

* I couldn't swap the bridge polarity as the coil is in contact with the magnets and every time a string touched a polepiece the guitar went silent.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I got a mini HB tele pick guard cut by WDMusic a couple of years ago - I traced the outline on a piece of A4 and sent it to them, and received a really nicely cut pick guard in a couple of weeks. 
  • CrankyCranky Frets: 2630
    I got a mini HB tele pick guard cut by WDMusic a couple of years ago - I traced the outline on a piece of A4 and sent it to them, and received a really nicely cut pick guard in a couple of weeks. 
    I second WD
  • If you have not yet purchased a Firebird or mini humbucker, consider getting a pickguard cut for regular humbucker and an Oil City Winterizer II.

Ordering with four conductor + shield output cable will make it simple to correct any phase relationship issues.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 19831983 Frets: 21
    I got a mini HB tele pick guard cut by WDMusic a couple of years ago - I traced the outline on a piece of A4 and sent it to them, and received a really nicely cut pick guard in a couple of weeks. 
    +1 on WD, they are just making me an altered Tele pick guard too. Just email them with your requirements. Good luck! would love to hear a FB pickup on a tele!
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2385
    I know Jack's Instrument Services have a template for a Firebird pickup tele plate, as they did mine. I'd highly recommend them :)
    Tim