Gibson SG vs ESP LTD Viper 1000 (2018 models onwards)

Anyone played these two back to back or own both.  Wondering how they compared in terms of

Neck profile
Tone
Balance
Etc

Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• If there were less blingy versions of the ESP and less than 24 frets, I'd be all over one. I had one years ago, can't recall the model, mid to upper range. Had a bit of neck dive. I'd probably go for the Gibson, but would definitely audition one of these!
    Neck was slim enough from what I recall. Sounded good, though I replaced the active pickups with passive.
  • Had a Viper 1000 and it was a really nice guitar ,felt bigger than a Gibson SG but didnt have that snarl that a SG has in my opinion. 
    I've got a 2018 SG special that sounds much better that the viper to me and plays nicer, the SG has a 60s slim neck and the viper had a very thin neck. 
    The SG is not as balanced and is neck heavy. 
    Between the 2 I would get a gibson, but if you want a slightly thicker sounding SG type guitar the viper is great. Also I didnt get on with the way it sat on my knee as its a offset compared to an SG. Guess when I got it I wanted another SG after having sold my SG standard years before stupidly and it was a bargin price, it just was not an SG even though it looks similar. 
    Also the Gibson will hold its price and the viper will not if you get one new. 
  • Interesting.  Thanks. O already have a 2018 gibson SG standard and love it and want a 2nd guitar. I could just get another SG but i want a slight variation and fancy larger frets too hence the viper.  But being unable to try one currently I am not sure about necks.  I am fine with slim necks just not too wide like a wizard neck.