NGD - ES-175 and P90 content

What's Hot
DB1DB1 Frets: 5032
Just thought I'd share this one because it's slightly different. In fact, I wasn't even aware of them until last week. It's a 2015 1954 reissue ES-175 with 2 P-90's, essentially an ES-295 without the bling and trapeze. There were only 50 made, so I was pleased to have found this one lurking on eBay. I can cover the jump blues, swing, blues, jazz thing really badly with it, and it sounds great with a little bit of overdrive.

Call me Dave.
0reaction image LOL 14reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 5069
    Oh stop it, you're being saucy again! 

Lovely bit of gear, that - good score!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Beauty!
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10104
    Wow. I can see a “oh-I-was-just-in-the-area-“ visit a comin on
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grayngrayn Frets: 975
    Love those big old dogear P90s.  Congrats.
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1358
    Speaking as the totally unashamed owner of a shamelessly blingy Peerless ES295-a-like I’m loving that, and would absolutely rock it to any gig...
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15428
    tFB Trader
    When I saw the header Dave I knew it would be something nice 'n' cool - Enjoy
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5032
    I do like the ES295 bling as well, having had a red reissue and a gold 1953 model.

Here’s  a strange thing -  a few minutes before I woke up this morning, I had a dream that I was driving through a town somewhere and caught sight of someone holding a guitar. When I looked, it was a gold Peerless ES295. Mind you, I also dreamed that I was sharing a path with hundreds of big frogs.
    Call me Dave.
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1193
    Awesome as usual Dave.
  • Awesome guitar, congrats! I have an oldy in exactly this configuration, other nice vintage guitars have come and gone, but cannot see me ever selling this. Not played this re-issue, but I thought they did a phenomenal job wit the ES330 re-issues a while back. Hollow and P90 is definitely one of the great guitar marriages. Obviously jazzers are quite adamant about only having the single neck pickup version of this, but having played a few of both can't really can't discern any benefit/difference when playing the neck pickup, and with this one you get a screaming rock machine into the bargain with the bridge pickup, when required!
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32389
    Dream guitar for me. 
    I used to gig a '52 ES295 as a teenager, I still miss it nearly 40 years later. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15428
    tFB Trader
    DB1 said:
    I do like the ES295 bling as well, having had a red reissue and a gold 1953 model.

Here’s  a strange thing -  a few minutes before I woke up this morning, I had a dream that I was driving through a town somewhere and caught sight of someone holding a guitar. When I looked, it was a gold Peerless ES295. Mind you, I also dreamed that I was sharing a path with hundreds of big frogs.
    I thought you came back from France a few weeks ago
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6463
    'Ossum ! B)

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    I did have a 1956 version with 2 P90s but let that go, which I regret really.

I think I would like a 1949/1950 model with a single P90 at some point. 
    Call me Dave.
  • @DB1 ; What is the neck shape like on the re-issues? Mine is a '56 actually, and definitely one of the best profiles on any guitar I have owned, the very softest of V's near the nut. Hard to imagine anyone wouldn't like it, although maybe a touch on the large side I guess, but nothing crazy.
    I would say it was fairly typical mid 50's chunky, but comfortable. Very similar to the 1955 ES130 (posh ES125) that I've just sold. 
    Call me Dave.
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1358
    edited September 2020
    DB1 said:

It’s A Sign from God. 

Just let me know when you’re ready to do the exchange and I’ll have the Peerless all cleaned up, restrung to your preference, and cased up ready for you...

I really, really like that guitar and it’s done some memorable gigs with me but sometimes fate demands sacrifice of us. :-)
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...