What old Gibson mini HB's are these?

I got to visit my parents at the weekend, and picked these up - had them for years, and I seem to remember they're 60's / 70's from an LP Deluxe, but could anyone confirm please?

www.theflyingacesband.com
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 17497
    edited September 2020
    The number suggests gibson, stamp suggest 70's

edit - mid 70's onwards by the looks of things
  • ESchapESchap Frets: 1428
    Gibson, post 1974/5.  Had the patent number sticker prior to then
  • Awesome, thanks chaps. Looks like the covers have been off at some point, or is that just Norlin era soldering?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74482
    The lower one in the pic is definitely not neat enough to be original, the upper one might just be.

They're not from an LP Deluxe unless the surrounds are from something else though, since they were always cream.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25100
    What's been done with the mounting rings?  Tops cut off so they sit on top of the scratchplate?
  • Philly_Q said:
    What's been done with the mounting rings?  Tops cut off so they sit on top of the scratchplate?

I think so, yep. It was off a butchered '73 telecaster I bought, apparently used by a 'show band' player in Northern Ireland (I was living in Belfast at the time). Had a rough refin, and a forearm contour added. The routing and presumably custom chromed brass scratchplate was well done though. I ended up converting the Tele to an esquire and selling it (which paid for a NYE in Dublin!) but kept the pickups.