LTD EC1000T Fluence? Anyone played one?

I’m in the market for a new single cut and I generally get on well with LTD guitars especially their necks, so this has caught my eye. 

Full thickness, 22 frets which floats my boat, but with these fancy new  Fluence pickups that are meant to give different voices.

I’ve watched a couple of videos and they seem to be a good job, but has anyone here any experience with them?

Also the whole guitar is a satin finish, which is not something I’ve had before and I know they’re not meant to wear well. 

Any thoughts?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Can't help with the Fluences, but I had a satin finish EC1000. It started to go a bit shiny in a couple of places but tbh that looked absolutely fine, it didn't spoil the look or anything like that 
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• When I first got them, it was easiest to test Fishman Fluence Classic humbuckers in my LTD EC-401W. 

In the default Voice 1 mode, the pickups sounded much more like passive humbuckers than the EMG-81X/-60X* that they temporarily replaced. 

In the longer term, the FFC humbuckers went in my project Eggle Berlin Wall. I devised a non-standard mode switching arrangement. This offers more options but can be a pain to use under time pressure.

You could do worse than watch the product demonstration videos on the ESP/LTD website. The hairy young presenter gets some details mixed up. 

I have opinions on which of the Voice modes are useful. I shall not bore you with them here.

My original plan was to choose the Eggle’s five best coil permutations then, hard wire them via a Megaswitch.  

* I had already upgraded the pickups for improved headroom.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.