Neural Quad Core thing demo

What's Hot

Comments

• There's a little ambient sounding clip in this. It sounds nice.
    Is that the back of ET's head by Ola's lap?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10206
    edited February 2021
    That Riffsbeard Fluff guy’s demos on it are by far the worst sounding, most uninformative videos. Luckily he only has about 10 seconds of music in them. 

How some of these people become influential amazes me. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DavusPGDavusPG Frets: 451
    I'm sure those of you following the progress of the QC have seen this but thought I'd post it just in case:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • This link went cold quite quickly, expected everyone to be craving one of these. Is it because you can’t get hold of them yet?
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    I think the people who want then have the pre-orders in and everyone else is waiting for them to get their preorders
  • uberscott said:
    Interesting A/B between a 5150 and its capture from Simon Grove. Great to see pretty much instant scene switching too.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJf0u4uAELQ/

I asked Doug (Neural CEO) about options for IEM - he confirmed that I could have guitar and vocals being independently processed through the QC, plus a stereo band mix coming back in via the FX return ports - and have individual level control of all three going into the headphone outputs. Hook that up to a dual guitar/IEM cable, and that’s a pretty nice live setup!
    So we tried out the helix for vocals and guitar processing and it was pretty clear the FX were really vocied for guitar. was really hard to dial in anything good for vocals. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Jetfire said:
    I think the people who want then have the pre-orders in and everyone else is waiting for them to get their preorders
    Mine is arriving tomorrow, so it looks like the revised, revised, revised shipping was solid!
  • Mobile App is also live now if anyone’s curious 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10206
    Enjoy. Let us know how it is. 
  • WiresDreamDisastersWiresDreamDisasters Frets: 16664
    edited March 2021
    Our other guitarist has his today.

"I confirm. It sounds much better than the Helix, especially after comparing similar models"
    "Helix is way better for fx. It had loads of improvements in the last years"
    "I might build a pedalboard with external delay and reverb though"

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775

"I confirm. It sounds much better than the Helix, especially after comparing similar models"
    Interesting. Care to elaborate?  I.e. how much better/worse in each department do you think it is?
  • John_A said:

Interesting. Care to elaborate?  I.e. how much better/worse in each department do you think it is?
    I've not tried it, those are his direct quotes. He's only spent a few hours with it so far.

Bye!

I'd agree.  The amps are great (also the neural captures that are included) and I'd say I prefer them to helix/fractal. UI, ease of use and power/flexibility very impressive. The touch screen is excellent.  Effects functional and good for first release but need augmenting to match helix/fractal. They've also used the presets well to demo functionality, which isn't always the case with these units. 

Overall very impressed. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24265
    I think I'm going to start saving for one.
    edited March 2021
    I think I'm going to start saving for one.
    Me too!  Think I'll see how they go with updates for a month or two first I think.  The effects look a bit utilitarian in places, but I could probably live with that

Just seen it comes with a flimsy little 'wall wart' PSU :(
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24265
    Aye. It should have been a proper IEC job. Can always find one of them at a gig.
    Aye. It should have been a proper IEC job. Can always find one of them at a gig.
    Agree, don't usually carry a 3A 12V power supply with me, it's the sort of thing I would leave plugged in at home and get to a gig and be stuck.  The supplied one looks pretty cheap & nasty too.
    The effects list is definitely currently basic. They all sound good but, for example, the reverbs aren't up there with fractals just yet and there are some absences (no harmonic trem, for example). So plenty of room for update but what's there sounds good to my ears and very usable. 

Where it really excels are the amp models, drives and neural captures (or at least this the first impression after a couple of hours). I've never got on with the drives in any modeller - I've either used an external pedal or varied the amp gain with scenes, but am finding the ones in cortex very usable. On amp models and captures, I've used fractal, helix and kemper in the past and got good results with all of them, but on first impression I think the cortex sounds (and feels) better. I've done a few non scientific side by side comparisons with the axe fx III and am finding the cortex more compelling to play and getting better sounds, but how much of that is honeymoon effect and how much real remains to be seen over time. Am planning to do a song I've been meaning to record for ages just with the cortex and see how that goes. 

Usability and instant tweakability is superb and I haven't looked at a manual yet. Very impressive piece of kit.  
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2398
    edited March 2021
    Interesting - I'm looking for a backup rig for my AFX3, and may well came back to getting a QC instead of an FM3.

I'm still not impressed by their whole business approach though, and the footswitches look WAAAAAAY too close together.

EDIT - Er, I appear to have just ordered one from Andertons.....!
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    FarleyUK said:
    Interesting - I'm looking for a backup rig for my AFX3, and may well came back to getting a QC instead of an FM3.

I'm still not impressed by their whole business approach though, and the footswitches look WAAAAAAY too close together.

EDIT - Er, I appear to have just ordered one from Andertons.....!
    Nice impulse buying!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom