Neural Quad Core thing demo

What's Hot

Comments

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    edited March 2021
    Also just spotted this.  On the floor at the Dog 'n' Duck looks like asking for trouble

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24267
    John_A said:
    Also just spotted this.  On the floor at the Dog 'n' Duck looks like asking for trouble

Definitely will need being on a pedal board.

Darkglass have form for this - the V1 of the MT900 bass amp prototype was originally larger and passively cooled, but on release it was far smaller and to deal with the cooling they stuck a very annoying fan in it - one that was not temp controlled either.

Cooling on the QC could have been more efficient and less risky for a pub environment if the casing had been larger.

Would have room for an internal power supply and IEC then as well!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    edited March 2021
    Even on a board a kicked over pint could be expensive.  That's definitely put me off a bit

There's a thread on TGP where apparently neural have said they are 'radio wave vents' for wi-fi, not air vents, sounds like nonsense to me, but if that's the case gaffa would work

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/neural-dsp-quad-cortex.2110791/page-301
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    John_A said:
    Even on a board a kicked over pint could be expensive.  That's definitely put me off a bit

There's a thread on TGP where apparently neural have said they are 'radio wave vents' for wi-fi, not air vents, sounds like nonsense to me, but if that's the case gaffa would work

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/neural-dsp-quad-cortex.2110791/page-301
    Wait for them to deny the 1st warranty repairs for over heating when the vents have been covered then!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just the thought of having a £1500 piece of gear on the floor of a local boozer is bad enough.

Can you use a 3rd party floor board and have the unit out the way of potential hazards?
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Yes you can. Which I think I would do if I were to use it live. Don't think the touchscreen would like a pint on it either. Bluesboy82 said:
    Just the thought of having a £1500 piece of gear on the floor of a local boozer is bad enough.

Can you use a 3rd party floor board and have the unit out the way of potential hazards?

• The way you solve the "expensive pedal on the floor at a gig" conundrum is by actually playing on a stage ;)

Bye!

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I like my Helix rack.
    Keeps the brain off the floor.
    The way you solve the "expensive pedal on the floor at a gig" conundrum is by actually playing on a stage ;)
    You're assuming it's someone in the audience who spills the pint! 
  • Ah just making a joke.

@johnathancordy did some videos

Bye!

Ah just making a joke.

@johnathancordy did some videos

Moi aussi. I've been known for some moments of on stage clumsiness...
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    Full amp run through, I look forward to giving these a listen @JohnCordy ;
    https://youtu.be/ULcNKr0szXk
    ^ Really helpful video, it does sound good. Although nothing on there makes me want to ditch my Helix.
    I can see you going back to other modellers now, forgetting & trying to operate it by touchscreen!
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10206
    edited March 2021
    The FM3 is such a great device and it sounds so so good, so I'm dubious about claims that the Quad Cortex sounds better and has dethroned a company on first try that has been at the top for years now. 

You have to take into account the honeymoon period and the fact that no one is really able to actually get it into a band situation. 

It does sound very good though and I've been watching John's live streams, and it would be good if that little device can replace my big OMG9 setup. But I think give it a couple of months and we'll really know what people think. 
  • duotone said:
    ^ Really helpful video, it does sound good. Although nothing on there makes me want to ditch my Helix.
    I can see you going back to other modellers now, forgetting & trying to operate it by touchscreen!
    The effects leave a lot to be desired on the QC at first glance. They obviously haven't had the years worth of time that Line 6 has had, but I would've thought at launch that the variety of delays would have been ... well.. just varied.... fortunately the thing is small enough to sit on a board with some other pedals, because the stock delays and reverbs sound a bit cack to me.

Bye!

Yes.  They're a good way behind on the reverbs and delays at the mo.
    I’m surprised that it doesn’t have a Looper from launch. 
  • FiftyshadesofjayFiftyshadesofjay Frets: 1428
    edited March 2021
    Kemper user here, I’ve got a pre-order with Guitar Guitar for the QC but reconsidering it now.

The QC looks like it’s got lots of potential but from my point of view it’s not really offering much in the way of upgrades apart from a fancy screen and the ability to run multiple captures.

Effects look like they’re a big step down from other units, especially in the reverb department. Come to think of it it’s only the Kemper and Axe Fx that have decent reverbs IMO.

Another thing which may have a bearing on users switching is their library of profiles.

I’ve got approximately ten billion paid for profiles on my Kemper and the thought of switching units and having to purchase those tones all over again isn’t exactly appealing. Could be possible to capture them but can’t see them being 100% the same.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2398
    Any word on the mobile editor? That was one of many things they removed from the launch. 
    FarleyUK said:
    Any word on the mobile editor? That was one of many things they removed from the launch. 
    AFAIK from watching John Cordy’s video there isn’t a date set yet for anything coming in the future.  There is no roadmap yet.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom