SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Early Marshall JTM 1962 Bluesbreaker 30w Reissue 2x12 Combo - 1989 Drake Transformers £600

What's Hot
ryanverbenaryanverbena Frets: 421
edited August 2021 in Amps £
Letting this beauty go, just doesn't get the playing time it deserves unfortunately. I've just picked up a lighter Morgan 1x12 and no longer have the space. 

It's one of the first of the Bluesbreaker reissues before they down-graded their components - most notably this has the original Drake transformers that from what I've read were terminated after 1991.

Has a few scratches here and there that I've tried to capture in the photos but to be expected for a 20+ year old amp. You can see that from front-on, it looks pretty clean. So much mojo! This is the only amp that I've ever owned that my missus wanted me to keep because "it looks so nice in our living room".

It works fine but definitely needs a biasing. As it is, just takes a bit to warm up with a few crackles and pops, but plays fine after that. The tremolo knob is slightly loose and over-turns so just needs a tighten too (I think the washer underneath is slipping). I have the footswicth although rarely use it. I think it needs a good once over by a tech and a re-bias this is factored into my selling price. 

As you can see from the photos, I experimented with an Alnico Gold which is pictured. I have the second original GB that was substituted out and will return it to these specs for sale. So the price stated is referring to this combo with the two original greenbacks, as Marshall intended. I'd be happy to work out a deal should the buyer want to purchase the alnico gold as well. 

I live in London N19 (Archway), and this is for collection only - sorry, I don't drive so not able to meet halfway etc, as much as I'd like to. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments