Guitar sound for intro of What You Know

What's Hot
I really struggle to replicate the guitar tones that I hear. I don't have enough experience with pedals to know what combination makes what kind of sound. I'm currently failing to work out the intro of What You Know by Two Door Cinema Club. I have a HX stomp, so I'm not short of virtual pedals, but I can't get anything like what the intro sounds like on the record. 

Any ideas? TIA

U.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• musteatbrainmusteatbrain Frets: 907
    edited October 2020
    Well I’m not familiar with them but I can see the rhythm telecaster is with a capo high up.
    The other guitar player is using what sounds like a short tape delay with the repeats breaking up. Sound like my Strymon El Capistan did when you set a high bias on the delay and the headroom dropped. 

There’s a picture of his pedal board on with the above delay. I’d start with a tape delay and some kind of AC30 ballpark tone

I’m sure someone from here who knows it better than me will be along to oblige with better details 
  • Thanks! It's the rhythm tone that I'm working on.
  • Ah right. He uses a Mesa Lonestar, so you will want to pick Cali Texas Channel 1 on the stomp and use a guitar with a single coil and a capo on the 9th fret
  • Will try that. Thanks. It sounds compressed, distorted and all treble to me. 
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 10072
    edited October 2020
     Don't overthink it. The punters certainly won't.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom