NGD... Something something purple

What's Hot
Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1682
edited October 2020 in Guitar
Not normally one for a NGD as I don’t think people usually care what new toy I’ve spunked my savings on but quite pleased with this one.

I know sod all about Jazzmasters so thought I’d share it and see what’s what. Have a Fano JM6 with P90s and Bigsby that I love so thought I’d dive in and try a more straight up JM to see if it floats my boat as well.

Absolutely love the way it looks so gonna change strings, adjust the setup, make it worse, then probably get someone who knows what they’re doing to salvage it for me. In the meantime will make some noise once the family are out.

What’s the consensus on the hardware and pickups on these and the CV JM Squiers in general? The finish is flawless, neck nice if a little thin and glossy (although the gloss is very well done to be fair so it’s not an issue), hardware feels a little... I dunno... ‘light’ maybe? Generally seems like a pretty good guitar for what it cost. Very happy!

https://i.imgur.com/n8yQege.jpg

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1682
    Sorry, should have mentioned it's one of the Anderton's limited Squier Classic Vibe ones.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4165
    I’ve been impressed with those Squier JMs. I had a white one on loan for a while. Resulted in me buying my Vintera when the loan ended! Nice colour combo on yours, congrats
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Very nice looking guitar. I own several CV Squiers and they are excellent guitars for the money.
  • Awesome - didn’t realise they’d done a run of these!!!
  • Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1682
    Yeah, it's a cool looking thing. Think they had a hundred or so that sold out same day but picked this up from eBay still boxed etc. Not sure what the deal was as it was cheaper than rrp.

Feels very nicely put together and the finish etc is spot on but going to need some fettling to get it a bit more playable.