NOGD, '60 Gibson ES175

CorvusCorvus Frets: 3095
in Guitar tFB Trader
Finally got some money from my Dad's estate after he went before last Xmas, so decided to do the sensible thing and go guitar hunting.
1960 ES175. I've had it a couple of weeks or so, been working on it here & there. It's a bit knocked, pickups & pots have been plundered but this makes it much better for me and lots cheaper. I can mod things without the value going down the toilet like treble bleeds, refret. Also the phrase 'vintage correct' sends me to sleep. I played a '59 but the price was nearly 4x this and the neck was like a canal boat.

It's got Shed PAFs. Like them a lot, the neck one is particularly great. Pickguard is ratty so it's off for now, I'll make a new one when I can face the cost of getting the right p/g material in.

Anyway, pics -

0reaction image LOL 15reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MattNovakMattNovak Frets: 907
    Beautiful thing that, Bill - congrats, and I'm sorry to hear about your dad. 
    www.theflyingacesband.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hoopshoops Frets: 240
    Stunning guitar!
  • Amazing! Happy new old guitar day
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10932
    That's awesome. If it's for playing then player's condition makes so much more sense. Beautiful
  • Lovely guitar, always had a soft spot for these since i saw JD Simo play one. 
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5034
    That's really nice. I had a 1960 ES-175 fairly recently, again with missing parts, which made it affordable for not much more than the price of a used standard ES-175.
    Call me Dave.
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3432
    Lovely way to remember your old man, that’ll clearly be an instrument you both treasure and enjoy. 
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 3095
    tFB Trader
    Thanks a lot all, cheers muchly.
    @DB1, so out of 600-something made that year two of 'em are "local", nice :) 
  • Good to know that you're actually going to play it. Enjoy, I'm sure it will give you much pleasure.