Band in a Box 2020

HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16314
anybuddy got the big one...the one with DAW?

Good stuff?
tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10389
    I bought it a few years ago, it crashed my system about 10 times in a row so I've never even used it. Is there a new version then?
    I'm scared and I'm waiting for life
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16314
    2020 latest methinks
    tae be or not tae be
  • jdgmjdgm Frets: 852
    edited October 2020
    Yes I've got it (2020 version - they upgrade it every year) but haven't explored all the features yet.  Don't have an interface at the moment. Great for practicing with. That is mostly why I bought it. Had to get hold of a CD of Real Book BIAB files - that has made the whole thing completely worthwhile and totally useful. 

If I had an Apple of any sort I'd use iReal which is far cheaper.  All the sax players I know use that.

You also get a pgm called Realband which is a updated/turbocharged version of the old Mastertracks Pro (used that on my Atari!!) with most of BIAB added, I think this is the DAW section you refer to?  I've opened it and had a quick look, very comprehensive; I'll be using that to record with in future.  It's not going to compete with ProTools but it'll do me!

The most basic version (in both 32- and 64-bit, you get both) will currently cost you £99 + shipping.  I bought it originally in about 2007, upgraded in 2014 and again this year.