Visual sound v3 pedals

ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7560
Might have to get the new route 66. Same switching but different looking switches, an improved overdrive apparently and the compressor (which I already love) is now coming with a clean blend knob.

Nice :D
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7973
    You forgot the link!  Haven't seen the v3 Route 66 though.  

• Drat! The route 66 v3 was something I found on Facebook earlier. I'm on mobile so can't link, but hopefully it'll be coming out soon!

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18304
    tFB Trader
    Can't see any ref to the new Route66 anywhere. 

If they add a clean blend to the comp it will be awesome.
  • Looks like the route 66 (seen at the back) has multi ins and outs. Could be cool - perhaps a stereo, with clean on one signal and wet on the other (won't be amazing for drive, but if it's for compression only...).
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18304
    tFB Trader
    I suspect it will be like the XO and H20 and have separate ins and outs for each side so it can be used in a loop switcher.
  • therose789therose789 Frets: 467
    Has anyone played through the XO? I quite like visual sound pedals but havent really heard an awful lot about this one? 
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2460
    I'm liking the look of that dual OD they're doing.
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    I had the XO. I thought it was very good. The left side has a lot of gain, the right side is a nice tubescreamer type. Tiny lag in response when you switch the pedal on if it's set to true bypass mode, which was a bit annoying. The buffered mode sounded fine to me, anyway though. Nice but nothing that really stood out to me. I'd rather have two seperate units, tbh.
    Thanks. Yeah I just remembered that I think the non-TS side is based on their open road, which in turn is based on the nobels odr-1 (I think)... and I have the Nobels ODR1. :)) It's nice, but it wouldn't be my first choice for a more transparent OD. Kind of went off the idea once I remembered that. :))
  • I really liked the open road I tried, preferred it to the TS type I actually own as an OD but I preferred the TS for tightening for teh brootz.
    Yeah I thought the nobels was a bit loose for a boost... but the first few times I tried it I tried it with my hayden petite 5, which is open backed and only 5 watts (and I have a gb128 in there, not super-loose but not really super-tight either). When i tried it with my jet city and a closed back cab with more suitable speakers I though it actually sounded pretty good as a boost- but I still think I prefer my dano timmy clone, plus is has a bass knob so I can tune the low-end cut to be perfect.