SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

EBMM Bongo 4 HH Blue Pearl (WITHDRAWN)

What's Hot
andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
edited November 2020 in Basses £
A solid bass, great tone and very versatile. There's no fretwear, no buckle rash and the case is in great condition.

Despite the marmite looks these basses are superb, very ergonomic and versatile.

It's also got two pickguards, white pearl and black pearl.

The satin neck is really nice too. I've got it set up very low for plectrum playing at the minute but it's easy to adjust.

Lovely rosewood fingerboard with some great grain to it.

Built 21st March 2013.

One other thing to mention is the guy I got it off had tried to glue some toothpicks into the upper horn strap button hole. Sadly he used far too much superglue and there's a glue run down the rear of the upper horn. I tried to polish it out but it is still there, and it's really the only thing that spoils an otherwise great condition instrument.

For completeness there are a couple of small chips on the headstock tip, one small dent to the back of the neck and two small marks on the body above the 23rd fret.

Sale at £900
Now withdrawn. 

Based in York & Cumbria.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    New preamp fitted and raring to go bump.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • One of my favourite basses. I still miss my old one 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    One of my favourite basses. I still miss my old one 
    Cheers, it's great but I've found my bass soulmate in my Thunderbird. Nowhere near as nice or versatile as the Bongo though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My main squeeze is a Stingray Special 5 String. I do love a Bongo though. What was wrong with the original preamp?
    Bump

Price drop to £900