Case for an Epi LP

RockerRocker Frets: 5110
I am on the lookout for a case for my Epi LP.  Not needed immediately because of the virus but hope to get out to play when the virus has been controlled.  Thomann do on for reasonable money, anyone have any other suggestions?  Thanks.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 7066
    I have the plastic Thomann case that’s about £40 - perfectly ok as long you don’t intend to start throwing it! Obviously the standard answer is a Hiscox but on balance the Thomann will do the job for half the price.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 10019
    I’m very impressed by the Epiphone case itself - I’d try and get one of those if I was looking for another one. Solid, nice materials, good padding and a snug fit.

I bought a Thomann own-brand acoustic case for £36 a few years - it turned out to be a Warwick Rockcase. Pretty solid for the price but not a very good fit for the guitar it was recommended for and the outer material is starting to peel away now.
  • I learnt the hard way many years ago. My first Les Paul was a Epiphone LP. I was literally about to ask about a case for it in the shop that I bought it from, when the guy serving me said he could do a good deal on a well padded gig bag. I bought the gig bag, which was indeed well padded. However, a month later I put the guitar (in gig bag) up on my shoulder. It gently slid off my shoulder down to the ground (car park tarmac).  The base of the Headstock cracked. After paying significantly more than the cost of a Hiscox Case, I then bought a Hiscox Case for the guitar, which has subsequently remained intact. A costly lesson learnt.