Jim Root Strat or alternative.

DanRDanR Frets: 1041
Has anyone spent much time with one of these.

Ive fancied one for awhile but no shops near me ever have them in stock to try.

How is the finish on these as a few American strats I’ve tried at the lower end have had issues with frets.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4308
    edited October 2020
    I’ve had a Jim Root strat for 2 years in Matt black. These do have Matt finishes so they will mark a lot easier than other finish types 

The Strats are USA made and the Teles are Mexican. So you do get a very high quality USA spec and quality control

The neck is great on these and has the excellent contour heal for easier upper fret access. Big jumbo frets too which I love. Compound radius fingerboard too 

Comes with a beautiful hard case 

They offer exceptional value for money 

• DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    I’ve been after something with EMGs for awhile but don’t want a Floyd And prefer Strat or Tele shape.

So that doesn’t leave much choice.
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3168
    Never had the Strat but I did own the Tele. Necks are brilliant on them. Think a slightly larger Charvel neck and you're in the ballpark. Really solid and put together really well.
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1717
    If its just the HH strat part you like, then go for one. EMGs will always upset people so you may want to think about that. 

if its that matt rock machine look you like, the Billy Corgan strat falls into that category but is SSS. (but rare as a trust worthy politican or as a comb in Billy Corgans bathroom). 

Just depends what you like. 
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    The guitar is going to live in drop c/b aiming for the music that got me into playing guitar in the first place.

Whilst everybody was playing esp I don’t really want a single cut.

I did look at the Solar as I really like my explorer shape one but they sit at same price point pretty much for what I’d like.
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1717
    For Drop C/B, look at an Ibanez RGD. I have a 26.5 Ibanez and it sings at that scale length.Some of the new Shecters are nice looking too with a slightly longer scale lenght  
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 3001
    LTD make an SN1000 in hardtail and EMGs I think. I'm a big fan of LTD guitars. That compound radius neck of the Fender seems really nice though.
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 7024
    TTBZ said:
    LTD make an SN1000 in hardtail and EMGs I think. I'm a big fan of LTD guitars. That compound radius neck of the Fender seems really nice though.
    I was gonna say Ltd. They do the TE shape with Emg’s too
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • Our other guitarist has one, the Jim Root Strat, and I was very impressed with it. He's a righty though so I can't play it!

Bye!