Chris Buck's solo video with TABS

What's Hot
Hello everyone,
I hope this is the right forum section...
I stumbled upon a recent video of Paul Davids on YouTube where 10 guitarists were asked to improvise a solo over a backing track. Really interesting to see the different approaches, if you have not seen it you should!
I was impressed by Chris Buck's take, so much that I decided to give it a try with my Les Paul Traditional. Tabs are embedded in the video for those who would like some hints to cover it.
I enjoyed a lot trying to cover it!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4165
    Well played!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Well played!
    Thank you!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BlueStratBlueStrat Frets: 1018
    Nicely done!
    Thanks for posting the slowed down versions too, I'll be giving these a try later
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @guitarman1984 ;that was useful - thanks for posting it -
    another question - when i watch CB do the playing with fingers thing is he just trying to get a different tone?
    doesn't seem to do too many double notes/stops and he's lost the index finger option
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1222
    Chris Buck is a bit of a one trick pony in many ways. I get the no pick slides in and out of the major pentatonic and all that chorus and reverb but it gets a bit samey on those videos. Enjoy hearing him talk about guitars. His Strat story was fantastic.
  • BlueStrat said:
    Nicely done!
    Thanks for posting the slowed down versions too, I'll be giving these a try later
    Great to hear!!!
  • LPManic said:
    Chris Buck is a bit of a one trick pony in many ways. I get the no pick slides in and out of the major pentatonic and all that chorus and reverb but it gets a bit samey on those videos. Enjoy hearing him talk about guitars. His Strat story was fantastic.
    But we all wanna be that pony!
  • @guitarman1984 ;that was useful - thanks for posting it -
    another question - when i watch CB do the playing with fingers thing is he just trying to get a different tone?
    doesn't seem to do too many double notes/stops and he's lost the index finger option
    Thanks to you, I think it's for tone reasons. When he switch to the fingers the tone is clearly smoother, with less highs and attach, more smooth if that makes sense. He loses the index, yeah, because he is actually holding the pick with that finger, really unique technique... However he usually combines finger picking and normal pick during playing, he switch back and forward depending on the expression he want ot give to the playing.
  • LPManic said:
    Agree about the Pre CBS Strat story, if that's what you are referring too. It sounds wonderful after the restoration works.
  • LPManic said:
    Bonamassa and Chris Buck knocking in a day.  Good going.