SG and jumbo frets

What's Hot
fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4256
Anyone ever fitted or played an SG with jumbo frets.  Routing with the ideas of buying Another one and re fretting it.   
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4256
    What did you think,  sound,  feel,  time etc
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11978
    tFB Trader
    Absolutely- have both refretted SGs with super jumbo frets and made our own - works beautifully.
    One 1960s SG junior was so good afterwards it still haunts my memories @musteatbrain ;

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

@FelineGuitars have you a link to a standard sg shake you make with jumbo?

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11978
    tFB Trader
    https://felineguitars.com/collections/guitars/products/feline-gothic-red
    Open to a little haggling 
    We make a thicker body than Gibson - better balance and slightly beefier tone

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2228
    edited October 2020
    I had mine refretted with 6100. It needed a refret anyway and I wanted it to feel similar to my DGT.

I had it done a few years ago, at first it felt odd as I was used to the old frets for about 15 years. Now it's just not an issue.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15430
    tFB Trader
    6150's would be my choice - similar to most PRS Guitars and when I've had various Gibson GUitars re-fretted I've chosen this gauge and IMO the guitar has been better for it, regarding playability 
  • Absolutely- have both refretted SGs with super jumbo frets and made our own - works beautifully.
    One 1960s SG junior was so good afterwards it still haunts my memories @musteatbrain ;
    @FelineGuitars it’s still playing and sounding great. I’m doing my best to wear them out of course.
    https://felineguitars.com/collections/guitars/products/feline-gothic-red
    Open to a little haggling 
    We make a thicker body than Gibson - better balance and slightly beefier tone
    Woah that looks awesome!!!  Searching for demos now :)

@FelineGuitars ;